No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Billy Joe Saunders Shines in Win at York Hall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Billy Joe Saunders Shines in Win at York Hall

Billy Joe Saunders retained his British and Commonwealth middleweight titles with a wide points win over brave challenger Matthew Hall.

Saunders appeared to hurt Hall on a number of occasions as the pair stood and traded, but the champion also exhibited his flashy ring skills and took the verdict with scores of 119-110, 120-108 and 120-109.

The Mancunian bobbed his head as he marched into range in the opener but Saunders quickly found his range, catching his opponent with swift combinations.

Hall landed a crisp right hook in the second which sparked a spiteful response from Saunders and a left hand visibly dipped the challenger's legs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He needs a nutritionist to take him to the next level he could easy get down to 154 and be a big strong Jr middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Copyright View Post
      He needs a nutritionist to take him to the next level he could easy get down to 154 and be a big strong Jr middleweight.
      I think I agree - he looks like he could get a little leaner, think it would still be tough for him to get to 154 but perhaps... Mad that Frank was talking about him going up to 168 as well. He's definitely nowhere near as big and strong as the likes of Groves, Froch etc - I don't mean fight wise, just physically. Guys like Ward, Abraham etc - those are big strong guys, I think Saunders needs to stay at 160 or, as you say, consider a drop to 154 with the aid of a nutritionist.

Comment

did he just won the belt of WBGC? (world boxing gay council)

Comment

Originally posted by Jelisei View Post
          did he just won the belt of WBGC? (world boxing gay council)
          Have you never seen the British Commonwealth belt before?

Comment

could definitely go down to 154

Comment

Working...
            X