No announcement yet.

N'Jikam is a bad move for Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    And Cotto Had Trouble With Foreman Stick And Move Style Before Foreman Hurt His Knee...and N'Jikam has way more Power and Hand Speed then Foreman
    No he really didn't.

Comment

At this point to be honest,I don't care who Cotto fights.It's not like he's going to get the fights he wants anyways.Initially being that some fighters are more protected then a million dollar vault and like many will wait until he gets extra 'soft' if you know what I mean.As long as they're not shot,or CW to say the least I don't care.He's done enough to bring the sport some good fights.

Comment

Cotto is stuck, JMW is full of dudes who'll kick his ass
        and MW against anyone is a big no no for him
        he earned the right to retire with the Floyd fight
        he did way better than he was supposed to and lost honorably
        he should take the money from that and retire

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac. View Post
          Honestly, I'd prefer that he'd stay at 154 and get another belt.

Fighting anyone at 160 would be too much. He'd be a midget up there.
          It's not about height. It's about styles and skill.

At 5' 11", Tyson wasn't exactly the Yao Ming of the Heavyweights. Chris Byrd at 6' tall had the height of a SMW-LHW, but he beat Vitali Klitscko.

The top 10 MW's, have an average height advantage of about 4 inches on Cotto.

Yes, I agree Cotto would have trouble up there with the MW's. But not because of their height, more because of their styles. One of the tallest guys there, JCC Jr, I think Cotto crushes him and stops him at 160. While Martinez, who's the shortest MW in the Ring top 10, would probably beat Cotto. It's not height, it's styles, styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            It's not about height. It's about styles and skill.

At 5' 11", Tyson wasn't exactly the Yao Ming of the Heavyweights. Chris Byrd at 6' tall had the height of a SMW-LHW, but he beat Vitali Klitscko.

The top 10 MW's, have an average height advantage of about 4 inches on Cotto.

Yes, I agree Cotto would have trouble up there with the MW's. But not because of their height, more because of their styles. One of the tallest guys there, JCC Jr, I think Cotto crushes him and stops him at 160. While Martinez, who's the shortest MW in the Ring top 10, would probably beat Cotto. It's not height, it's styles, styles make fights.
            Don't see how this is even possible. There's a chance that Cotto could outbox him to a decision, but stopping him would mean that Cotto packs some serious power.

Comment

I want him to stay at 154 and fight Canelo. Why go to 157 for a part time tittle? Cotto has no business at middleweight. What if he wins? Does he start a new 157 lb. weight class or will he be willing to fight the Chavez vs. Martinez winner at the full 160 pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Cotto is stuck, JMW is full of dudes who'll kick his ass
                and MW against anyone is a big no no for him
                he earned the right to retire with the Floyd fight
                he did way better than he was supposed to and lost honorably
                he should take the money from that and retire
                You're spot on. He's not shot, but there's nothing for him to prove. If anything he should try and get the Canelo fight and retire after.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  No he really didn't.
                  Clearly a Cotto fan in Denial lol I am a Cotto fan too but I have to call it like I see it, Foreman was effective with his style before hurting his Knee, started off slow but started to find his rhythm in the 4th Round I think it was

N'Dam N'Jikam is bigger then Foreman, faster and has much more Power and hand SPEED
                  Last edited by sicko; 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Chris Byrd at 6' tall had the height of a SMW-LHW, but he beat Vitali Klitscko.
                    This was probably THE most idiotic thing I've read on this forum for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Clearly a Cotto fan in Denial lol I am a Cotto fan too but I have to call it like I see it, Foreman was effective with his style before hurting his Knee, started off slow but started to find his rhythm in the 4th Round I think it was

N'Dam N'Jikam is bigger then Foreman, faster and has much more Power and hand SPEED
                      How can you honestly take yourself seriously. Foreman had a solid 4th round, sure. He didn't "get his rhythm" though. He won the 4th and then clearly lost the 5th and 6th before he hurt his knee in the 7th.

Cotto may not have stopped him without the knee injury but he was outclassing him and any opinion that differs from that is flat out wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X