No announcement yet.

For all Marquez fans I think Tyson tweeted it best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    What bugs me the most about last saturday is how a challenger wins the title from the champ fighting like that. Seriously there really is something wrong with the sport when a challenger wins a championship fight throwing " keep away from me jabs "(which were not even landing), getting rocked a bunch of times and wins the title.

Title fights used to have that extra intensity and meaning because challengers are expected to take the title from the champ and not just win much less fight to survive.
    Exactly...

Comment

When you have a bunch of American Idol judges judging the fight this is what happens.

Comment

Thats Mike's opinion. Marquez-Pac III was much a robbery

Comment

What bugs me the most about last saturday is how a challenger wins the title from the champ fighting like that. Seriously there really is something wrong with the sport when a challenger wins a championship fight throwing " keep away from me jabs "(which were not even landing), getting rocked a bunch of times and wins the title.

Title fights used to have that extra intensity and meaning because challengers are expected to take the title from the champ and not just win much less fight to survive.
          I think your only error is labeling this a "championship fight." I thought it was too but after what went down, Its clear that this was nothing more than a TR movie production.

Comment

Marquez fight was also a robbery. Don't get it twisted.

Comment

1st post here despite reading for a while. Hopefully not setting my stall out in either of the Pac/Mayweather camp as I've seen some of the comments going back and forward!

Anyway, I thought that Pac won the Marquez 3 fight by 1 round. Either that or a draw.

Pac should have won this latest fight but stepping off in the last few rounds cos him despite Bradley having no power whatsoever. I think he landed one decent shot in the whole fight and I think it was a body shot in round 3.

Hope to enjoy the fourm.

Comment

Challengers are expected to drag the title from the Champ and not meekly get over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                  IRON MIKE TYSON #PacBrAdley: I got no problems with close decisions. Pac v. marquez 3 was close. But this one is not even close.

Stop comparing the Bradley fight with the Marquez fight.
                  Thank you. Completely different circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                    Marquez fight was also a robbery. Don't get it twisted.
                    No it wasn't, not even close. JMM vs Pac was close and competitive, this was a fukin joke.

I had JMM winning too but at least it was competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Tyson don't know **** about boxing
                      Mike knows more about boxing than you and me and everyone in this forum, so relax with that comment.

Comment

Working...
                      X