Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So assuming Oscar makes 147 like Mayweather Sr claims he will...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So assuming Oscar makes 147 like Mayweather Sr claims he will...

Is the fight for the WBC 147 belt this time? I heard thru a friend that the fight would be at 147 to make more money ie a world title fight.

Anybody?

I believe it will be. Mayweather still has the WBC Welterweight title belt, and being that the WBC has the hots for him, it will have to be for the title, no question.

Comment

I imagine it would have to be right?

Comment

I haven't heard anything that says it's taking place @ 147.

The reports I've read said it "might" or "could" be at a catchweight between 147 and 154.
        Last edited by Thread Stealer; 04-08-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3200384

Although De La Hoya has said he planned to return to the welterweight division and Mayweather is the welterweight world champion, Schaefer said the weight for a rematch hadn't been determined. He said it could be at a catch weight somewhere between the 147-pound welterweight division and 154-pound junior middleweight class.

http://www.boxingscene.com/index.php?m=show&id=12144

The rematch would take place on September 13 or September 20, on HBO pay-per-view. Possible venues include the Home Depot Center in California, Dodgers Stadium and the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The fight itself, like the first, would likely take place at 154-pounds or a catch-weight between 147 and 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            I haven't heard anything that says it's taking place @ 147.

The reports I've read said it "might" be at a catchweight between 147 and 154.

That's fine, but they had better not dare to call it a "welterweight championship fight" if either man weighs in an ounce over 147. And I think the WBC has the nerve to try and pull that off too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              That's fine, but they had better not dare to call it a "welterweight championship fight" if either man weighs in an ounce over 147. And I think the WBC has the nerve to try and pull that off too.
              Maybe they can use Mayweather's "Champion Emeritus" Status at 154 to call it that.

Or maybe the WBC can do like they did for the Pavlik-Taylor rematch and say it's for a "Medal of Honor".

Comment

"money"

if this fight is fought @ 147, mayweather will ko oscar 4 sure. make that a tko!!!

Comment

I'd rather watch it at 147 because that's where Mayweather performs his best

Comment

Working...
                  X