No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux Deny The Claims on Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    There's no doubt that Nonito's resume trumps Rigo's. How could it not? He has 32 pro fights; Guille has eleven. Donaire is a recognized star; Rigo is not. And although it can't be argued for a moment that Donaire hasn't fought the better opposition, Rigondeaux's last five opponents have a combined record of 107-4. "El Chacal" isn't exactly taking the easy road to the top.

Nonito has beaten better opponents than say, Cordoba (who is no "cab driver", by the way); but Rigo beat Ricardo in only his seventh pro bout. In his seventh fight, Donaire was taking on Mark Sales (7-16); in his seventeenth, Nonito UDed Oscar Andrade (35-27). Donaire has come a long way. Guillermo is seeking to cover the same ground faster.

Rigondeaux is a special case in almost every way. He's a 32 year-old rookie pro whose reputation is almost entirely based on a legendary amateur career. Guillermo is so intriguing that the noise for this "glorified amateur" to fight one of the P4P stars of the sport is growing by the day. What other boxer with as many fights can you even hallucinate of taking on Donaire in only his twelfth professional outing? That in itself speaks volumes.
    First, I just want to say, out of all the Cuban's who are Rigo's fans, you my friend are the only rational Guillermo fan. One thing I will agree with is... Rigo isnt taking an easy road for the amount of experience he has as a pro. But if you were to compare his record to other established Jr Featherweights then yes his resume isn't the greatest.

You're right, Cordoba isn't a cab driver but lets be honest here... That was arguably one of the most boring fights in boxing history, not to mention it hurt Rigo's stock considering it was on the undercard of a major PPV. Rigo is trying to cover his ground faster because he has spent way to much time in the AMs. Nobody is saying he should have 30 fights are so, but the 15-18 range would be more marketable.

Rigo has amazing skills as a boxer. Skillwise he is P4P. But in terms of accomplishments as a pro then no hes not quite there yet. Im not saying Rigo's is a wack boxer, my point is that people are trying to trash the opponents that Nonito fights when his resume humiliates Guillermo's.

Nonito said Rigo will get a shot, himself. He said he wants both Mares and Rigo. Im only pointing out that A) Nonito has a better resume then Rigo and B) Mares deserves a Donaire fight more cause of his accomplishments.
    Last edited by MTN; 12-28-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
      ...dont make excuses when Nonito knocks his block off.
      That saying always makes me laugh.

I would say that might happen if Rigo gets caught with the same left hook Donaire clocked Arce with. But it's just as possible that Nonito gets caught with a Rigo signature body shot and doubles-over in fight-ending agony. However, as with many overly-anticipated things, it may very well turn out to be anti-climactic when Donaire and Rigondeaux finally step in the ring together.

Comment

lol I believe Donaire will fight either Mares (if allowed) or Rigo, like he said. I think he's very confident, and rightfully so. The kid is very good and his reputation is growing.

Before the Poonsawat fight was announced, there was a thread asking who we would like to see Guillermo fight next. I think I was one of two people that named Poon. My wish came true, but the rest is (sad) history. If I had my choice this time, my first pick would be Mijares, followed by Mares (a long-shot) and then Darchinyan.

I would like to see Rigo fight at least one, preferably two, good fighters before taking on Nonito. There aren't too many good names left to choose from in the division. Donaire retired two of them.
        That's sad ..mijares is an old shot...darchinyan is a 118 pounder....I will argue with you in the moment he should fight him..I believe this is the best moment since Donaire have faced ppl who don't really came to fight in his last fights and Rigo fought a young fighter with similar style( to Donaire)with good power and decent left hook...marroquin overweight him for 8 pounds in the night of the fight...sooo..I believe that now is the time...

Comment

First, I just want to say, out of all the Cuban's who are Rigo's fans, you my friend are the only rational Guillermo fan. One thing I will agree with is... Rigo isnt taking an easy road for the amount of experience he has as a pro. But if you were to compare his record to other established Jr Featherweights then yes his resume isn't the greatest.

You're right, Cordoba isn't a cab driver but lets be honest here... That was arguably one of the most boring fights in boxing history, not to mention it hurt Rigo's stock considering it was on the undercard of a major PPV. Rigo is trying to cover his ground faster because he has spent way to much time in the AMs. Nobody is saying he should have 30 fights are so, but the 15-18 range would be more marketable.

Rigo has amazing skills as a boxer. Skillwise he is P4P. But in terms of accomplishments as a pro then no hes not quite there yet. Im not saying Rigo's is a wack boxer, my point is that people are trying to trash the opponents that Nonito fights when his resume humiliates Guillermo's.

Nonito said Rigo will get a shot, himself. He said he wants both Mares and Rigo. Im only pointing out that A) Nonito has a better resume then Rigo and B) Mares deserves a Donaire fight more cause of his accomplishments.
          I agree with you in all you said..also in A a nd B...lol..that's why I said "read my post again and come back with other reply"...I was pointing that Rigo acomplish more alredy than mathebula and vasquez and they deserved the fight...that's all..I agreed from the beginning with everything you said..

Comment

That saying always makes me laugh.

I would say that might happen if Rigo gets caught with the same left hook Donaire clocked Arce with. But it's just as possible that Nonito gets caught with a Rigo signature body shot and doubles-over in fight-ending agony. However, as with many overly-anticipated things, it may very well turn out to be anti-climactic when Donaire and Rigondeaux finally step in the ring together.
            It is boxing and anything can happen... But I believe Donaire would win and Im sure you believe Guillermo would to which is cool. But I just find it hysterical when people on here are saying that Donaire is "ducking" Rigo.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment.

I think we agree on virtually everything. Focusing on the Cordoba fight for a moment: the second half of that fight was like watching paint dry. It was painful for me. I believe that Rigo instinctively reverted to amateur mode at the worst possible time. (Like you said, it was on the undercard of a major PPV.) I got the sense, with his next outing, that Guillermo got the memo. He annihilated Willie Casey in the first round in Ireland. I'm hoping that, with a little more pro experience, "El Chacal" hones his game into a more fan-friendly style. Rigo is gifted. He just needs to package his product more attractively.

Comment

[QUOTE=Angry Cuban;12866754]That's sad ..mijares is an old shot...darchinyan is a 118 pounder....I will argue with you in the moment he should fight him..I believe this is the best moment since Donaire have faced ppl who don't really came to fight in his last fights and Rigo fought a young fighter with similar style( to Donaire)with good power and decent left hook...marroquin overweight him for 8 pounds in the night of the fight...sooo..I believe that now is the time...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're right. I certainly hope so. There might not be much choice anyway. The Golden Boy/Top Rank fued might stall the Mares fight. Rigo might have to fight sooner than we all thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                  Bullshyte! Why is this coming out 2 wks. after? If it really went down like that, they should have called 5-0 right away. I see Rigo/Donaire coming soon......
                  who is donaire? the center of the world, you acting like dj's life revolves around nonito who gives a fok, let the man take his sweet time.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by julio101974 View Post
                    te mande un privado con los link de la pelicula
                    Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    pinche pirates
                    hehe, piratas del caribe

Comment

Originally posted by DadeCounty305 View Post
                      Dude you're the one who's really being bias. Gamboa came back from a 15 month layoff. Did you expect him to look like he just had a fight 5 months prior??? Ring is #1... Nonito need to fight him ASAP.
                      I'm not being biased, I'm just speaking fact about each of those fighters mentioned. Gamboa came off of a long layoff, but that's his own fault. He should've let the Pro's do the politican for him and stay sharp in the ring. Gamboa tried to play the game letting people whisper sweet nothing's in his ear and now has a long way to go to get back to being a contender again.

Comment

Working...
                      X