No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Explains Positive Result, Roach's Role, WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Explains Positive Result, Roach's Role, WBC

During a interview at his home in Culiacan, former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1, 32KOs) explained the reason for his failed drug test. After suffering a twelve round decision loss to Sergio Martinez on September 15th in Las Vegas, Chavez tested positive for marijuana.

Chavez's insomnia problems are well documented. The boxer explained that he went to a doctor and received a prescribed medicine which contained cannabis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hate to say it, but alot of the stuff chavez jr. has said in this article seem true or believable... especially about how his nose was busted and that's when he realized he lost the fight... I did notice him having problems during the fight with his nose got tagged... when your swallowing blood and trying to breathe and fight (exercise) it's nothing but a downhill battle.

Comment

of course, no one ever thinks they are going to be tested positive for anything.

Comment

Ok, he knew the Rx had weed in it, yet he took it & "stopped" before the fight. What Rx for insomnia contains weed that's FDA-approved?

Comment

Drops with cannabis?

Comment

I don't get the outrage. It's just weed, Berto and peterson were both caught using PED's and they are lined up for big fights.

Comment

If he took it as medication and knew that it contained a banned substance its safe to say that he is an idiot. And besides a doctor would surely know that prescribing this drug would result in a positive test.

Personally I think he simply smoked a joint and thought he could pass the test.

Comment

Snr is gonna lead his boy straight to rehab.

Come to think of it, Snr should've smoked that blunt. He was going crazy at the corner.

Comment

Sounds like Jr needs to decide whether he wants to listen to his father as a trainer, or listen to the guy he pays to train him in Freddie.

Having confusion in the ring is not an option, and shouldn't EVER be an option for a fighter. All that does is make a fighter tentative and unable to pull the trigger on whatever he's being told by either guy. And quite frankly, that showed up in very evident form against Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    I don't get the outrage. It's just weed, Berto and peterson were both caught using PED's and they are lined up for big fights.
                    It definitely is not a performance enhancing drug but it is a banned substance and everyone who boxes knows this. I think it's kind of silly that it's banned but I guess they want boxers to be role models so it's banned. Jr. is an idiot for getting caught.

He's been caught with diuretics before and also has not provided post fight urine samples. When he finally does, it comes back dirty for weed. It just seems like a lack of respect for the sport. Even if he had managed to knock Martinez out in that last round, it would have been ruled an NC because the idiot tested positive for weed.

Comment

Working...
                    X