Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnny Tapia 1967-2012: Looking Back at "Mi Vida Loca"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, reading that piece was pretty hard.

I'll never forget reading about him, watching him on Real Sports on HBO, and just thinking that he got dealt a horrible hand in life.

He made the best of it, and he was a hell of a fighter. It was pretty easy to see through the drug problems, and see the good the guy had in him.

RIP Champ, we wont forget you, and what you did, in and out of the ring.

Comment

Rest in Peace

I saw him not too long ago he was very humble an cool as hell never said no to pics and even took second ones, if he thought the first one wasnt good enough...

God Bless him

Comment

That article was very touching. R.I.P champ

Comment

Damn, R.I.P. mi vida loca! Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones! Very good read btw...

Comment

R.I.P. Johnny Tapia

Comment

I Miss Johnny Tapia Already; The Epitome Of A Fighter!

This guy didn't worry about the celebrity, he didn't get caught in money splits, who was the bigger demand, he never hand picked an opponent in his life, he never tried to protect his record and he never sought to satisfy his ego by collecting all the belts he could get his hands on. He was old school. He trained like there was tomorrow, he came to fight every fight, he never ducked anyone, he wanted to be loved by people because he loved people, and he respected the game and the rich history of Boxing. He loved his family, and most importantly, he loved Jesus Christ. He will be missed, but never forgotten.

Comment

Rest in Peace Mi Vida Loca. One of the last of a dying breed. A real warrior.

Thank you for the memories.

Comment

wow.. such a shame.. only 17 replies.. RIP..
                  I did a research paper on Tapia in college.. he had a really tough life, and just couldnt shake the habit..

my second fav fighter of all time.. love this guy..

Comment

RIP Johny, you will be missed.

Comment

Johnny will always be remembered as a great fighter but above all else a good man.

RIP champ

Comment

Working...
                      X