My personal take on religion and beliefs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal take on religion and beliefs

theres alot of threads on here every day on religion and beliefs,

i think my take on it is diffrent then most, so ill tell you guys about it.

i feel like religion, weather it be cathlic, muslum, buddist, exc. is jus something people believe to make themselves feel better about there life. contrary to most followers of religions beliefs, all religions are man made, we created the storys and ideas behind the religions. religion is something that people belive in to make themselves feel better, like its a very pleasnt thought to believe that when you die you go to a "heaven". this however doesnt make it true, but it does give an appealing thought to the mind.

personally, i believe that there is somesort of "god", or how else would the univers and everything be here? but i dont believe anything in the bible, or in any religion. i only belive that Something had to make the stars, exc. and the something happens when you die. but i dont belive any living human knows the answer to any of these questions, we just make religions to make us feel better and feel knowing about all things.

and lets not be insulting or *******ish in this thread, lets jus discuss like regular people

Religion's fine as long as it isn't imposed on those who don't believe, or used to torment kids who grow up without a choice in what to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Religion's fine as long as it isn't imposed on those who don't believe, or used to torment kids who grow up without a choice in what to follow.
      exactly, i feel like kids should be exposed to every fact aswell as ever religion, then they should gradually find out what they believe in

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
        exactly, i feel like kids should be exposed to every fact aswell as ever religion, then they should gradually find out what they believe in
        I consider myself very fortunate in that I was brought up with your basic Christian values, but from day one I was told that I can believe in what I want, when I want.

So eventually, when I trailed off in my teens and formed my own ideas on stuff, none of my folks resisted or even frowned - they were happy to let me do so, whilst still holding true to their own.

Sadly, not every kiddie has that advantage. At least until they reach adulthood.

Comment

I come from the Church titled:

"Respect your fellow man"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            I consider myself very fortunate in that I was brought up with your basic Christian values, but from day one I was told that I can believe in what I want, when I want.

So eventually, when I trailed off in my teens and formed my own ideas on stuff, none of my folks resisted or even frowned - they were happy to let me do so, whilst still holding true to their own.

Sadly, not every kiddie has that advantage. At least until they reach adulthood.
            i feelya

kinda the same with me,

but my parents thought of it as embarrassing when i told them my belefs lol

Comment

my parents thought of it as embarrassing when i told them my belefs lol
              Mine just laugh (in an innocent and accommodating way) whenever I let them know about my latest theories on life and the universe. :laff2:

Right now I've got them going on all this quantum immortality/MWI stuff, and for once I have them totally baffled.

Comment

i think my take on it is diffrent then most, so ill tell you guys about it.
                What's so different about it? You're a Deist, plenty of Deists around.

You don't believe in any particular Religion but you believe in what every Religion offers, which is a A God & some form of Afterlife. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm a Atheist to weak Deist myself. I believe in a Creator but not a GOD.

Creator = some kind of force that jump started the Universe.

But Creator does not = GOD

GOD = something human beings made up to put a personality and human like characteristics behind their Creator, who they believe intervenes into their lives.

As far as Afterlife, I am leaning towards there being no afterlife. It would be nice if there were, I'll take it. But it doesn't make sense. The only thing that separates us from the rest of Mammals/Animals, is that we have the ability to ponder and think up ***** like this. A Lion (or a Tiger) doesn't lay around thinking about afterlife while he is munching on another animals dead carcass. WE DO. We are self-absorbed, hypocritical creatures by nature. Even those who like to think of themselves or are considered by others as humble and holier than thou.
                Last edited by cupocity303; 08-16-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                  What's so different about it? You're a Deist, plenty of Deists around.

You don't believe in any particular Religion but you believe in what every Religion offers, which is a A God & some form of Afterlife. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm a Atheist to weak Deist myself. I believe in a Creator but not a GOD.

Creator = some kind of force that jump started the Universe.

But Creator does not = GOD

GOD = something human beings made up to put a personality and human like characteristics behind their Creator, who they believe intervenes intervenes into their lives.

As far as afterlife, I am leaning towards there being no afterlife. It would be nice if there were, I'll take it. But it doesn't make sense. The only thing that separates us from the rest of Mammals/Animals, is we have the ability to ponder and think up ***** like this. A Lion (or a Tiger) doesn't lay around thinking about afterlife while he is munching on another animals dead carcass. WE DO.
                  srry, i jus never meet anybody who shared my views.

but i jus think something happenes when u die, it cant jus be nothing, but what do we know?

lol, we'll all find out soon enough i geuss

Comment

srry, i jus never meet anybody who shared my views.

but i jus think something happenes when u die, it cant jus be nothing, but what do we know?

lol, we'll all find out soon enough i geuss
                    Why do you say that?

Comment

Working...
                    X