Great video defending Rigondeaux criticism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
    Rigo is going to be irelevent until he leaves caribe promotions
    Agreed 100%. They have no idea what they are doing. According to Gary Hyde, Caribe rejected to multi-million dollar deals: one with Roc Nation the other with Frank Warren. They need to be dealt with.

Comment

Like seriously and he's getting what like 300k for his next fight, everyone is quick to say its bobs fault but if you look at it in a different percpective it's rigid own fault for staying with caribe, are they even a promotional company like I said before as soon as he left TR he's going to fighting on fox1 and espn2 if he's lucky

Comment

That whole video went out the window once he brought race into it.

WTF does anything have to do with racism in this situation?

You know whats a good way to spoil a perfectly good commentary, bring in racism when it's not even in the picture.

I'm a big Rigo fan, but this whole racial aspect is just dumb.

First off Rigo is a Cuban, so in this case for USA he is a Latino fighter.

WTF does African-American (black) support have to do with Rigo?

Otherwise good commentary, boxing is now a popularity contest with dumbass fans, but this guy didn't do himself any favors.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Agreed 100%. They have no idea what they are doing. According to Gary Hyde, Caribe rejected to multi-million dollar deals: one with Roc Nation the other with Frank Warren. They need to be dealt with.
          I hope Caribe Promotions is something that Rigondeaux started and own because if not, he's getting screwed with no lube.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Change his style? lol
            You expect a guy who has had major success in the amateurs and pros for over 20 years to change his training methods and fighting style to please guys who don't even buy fights for most part anyway?

Even when he is more offensive he still gets labelled boring!

He scores knockdowns and knockouts in most of his fights.

He could become even more offensive, render opponents unconscious then what? He is fighting bums? What do fans want from a fighter these days?

He fights anybody! Never has he ducked a fighter.
            He displays amazing skills, he knocks opponents down and out for most part. He don't price himself out or make crazy demands regarding gloves, ring size etc and still he is hated on.
            Like I said before if he was American he'd be labelled as the second coming of Sweetpea with power!
            He can fight anyway he wants but don't get mad when fans see he pulls his foot off the gas when he can get a knockout. Most paying customers of boxing, aren't purist geeks who marvel at the intricacies of the sport. They want to see kos. Coasting most likely doesn't get it done.

Comment

Nobody of notice wants to really "sell" Rigo's image...

Comment

People who criticize Rigo just don't understand or care for the sweet science. What Rigo does is masterful, artful, and awe insirping. Similar to Floyd, I am both thrilled and honored to witness a fighter of his pedigree in my lifetime.

WAR RIGO!

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  i agree 100%

riGOD is the most entertaining fighter in the sport as far as i concerned. im actually dissapointed when he knocks people out because i would rather watch him the entire 12 rounds.

he is a true master of his craft and more than just an athlete. he is what dostoevsky was when putting words on a paper, what de niro is on the silver screen, what malcolm x was when speaking in front of a crowd.. thats what rigondeaux is in a boxing ring.

like ali or SRR before him, he goes beyond greatness. he is poetry in motion, when he is in the ring boxing isnt merely a sport but an art form and he is one of the greatest pugilistic artists to ever bless the earth with his presence.

but to quote george foreman, "boxing is like jazz, the better it is the less people appreciate it".

i feel sorry for those feeble minded brutes who cant appreciate rigondeaux, i really do. watching him is truly an honor and a privilege, that so many so called "boxing fans" cant comprehend it is truly sad.
                  Green K sent.

Absolutely spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post
                    I hope Caribe Promotions is something that Rigondeaux started and own because if not, he's getting screwed with no lube.
                    Nah. He doesn't have any stake in Caribe. He's getting screwed. They serve no purpose other than to kill negotiations, price him out of big fights and take a percentage of his purse.

Comment

Nah. He doesn't have any stake in Caribe. He's getting screwed. They serve no purpose other than to kill negotiations, price him out of big fights and take a percentage of his purse.
                      damn............

Comment

Working...
                      X