Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did people get mad bout Calzaghe clowing Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did people get mad bout Calzaghe clowing Roy?

But it's ok when Roy was clowning no hopers and cab drivers?

but this is ok

Last edited by Larry the boss; 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM.

Because most of NSB posters are ******ed, illogical, overly-emotional fanboys.

Comment

FACTS........................

at 37 Joe was undefeated Ring lhw champ

at 37 Roy Jones had been knocked out twice and back fighting no hopers

Comment

Every fighter ages differently Larry. That's like comparing Ali at 35 to Floyd at 35......

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Every fighter ages differently Larry. That's like comparing Ali at 35 to Floyd at 35......
          Ali has one of the best resumes ever and fought in best heavyweight division ever.

Calzaghe and Jones fought in same era around same weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            Ali has one of the best resumes ever and fought in best heavyweight division ever.

Yes. But he wascomparing how Roy was at 37 to how Calzaghe was at 37, and every fighter ages differently. And I'm not even sure why he made that post in this thread???

I don't care if anyone clowns anyone during a fight, who cares???

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Roy's opponent was undefeated at the time he clowned him.

Everyone knows when Roy fought Joe, Roy was well passed his prime. Look at how Roy is moving against James Toney, then look how stationary he is against Joe. Night and day; two different fighters.

BTW, who ever got mad at Joe for showboating against Jones? I know I didn't. Heck, Roy was showboating himself. No one ever got mad at that. It's just no one will really give Joe credit for that win because that wasn't the Roy that made Roy Jones a household name in there.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post

exactly......................

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                  But it's ok when Roy was clowning no hopers and cab drivers?

but this is ok

Simply put, no one cares about the showboating. They were both show boating, so why would anyone care?

It's just so obvious that Roy lost almost every quality that made him famous and one of the most elite fighters of all time by the time he fought Calzaghe.

THe only knock on Joe is that the Jones-Calzaghe fight wasn't made earlier in their careers.

Lol @ "people clowing Joe for showboating".

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    different eras.different divisions man

Comment

Working...
                    X