Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Goldenboy holds the Sepmber 13th date and Floyd doesn't want to work with them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hook-Right View Post
    Right, because the MGM Grand isn't loyal to Floyd, and doesn't have a banner of his face hanging from the building? Just Steve Kim starting **** on behalf of Arum.
    That sign is up year round because Floyd paid for it to be up there not because they are loyal to him.

Comment

Well, it's Floyd's date if he chooses. The MGM Grand seems to be loyal to him. Even if Golden Boy has the rights, they don't have a fighter to fill it since Canelo won't be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        You basically co-signed my post

The ball is in GBP court and Floyd can't do anything unless he buys the date. GBP could just keep it just to spite Floyd and theres nothing he can do about it
        They are in the business to make money..not to spite one fighter.

If they keep the date, I can see MGM saying "we will never do business with you again" and TBE will not buy the date. I still think that GBP want to be in the TBE business.

Or TBE will go on another date in September, maybe go to the Barclay...TBE will not give GBP the satisfaction

Comment

Maybe Golden Boy matches up Juan Manual Marquez with one of their fighters if he doesn't take the Manny fight and they can get a deal done with Top Rank.
          Either way Golden Boy has the leverage. The question is if Floyd decides to fight somewhere else what does Showtime do?

Comment

Originally posted by rws25 View Post
            If the Barclays Center makes the $ make sense (tax incentive ect) than it will be at Barclays.
            Floyd will never fight outside Vegas, he won't be able to inject his hands with Xylocaine anywhere else.

Comment

He's not going to fight a Mexican next. Probably doesn't matter much.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Floyd needs GBP more than GBP needs Floyd

"hes his own boss doe"
                agree 100pct. its time for him to get rid of the grudges and make fights. its not helping boxing by distancing yourself from these promoters.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he can book a venue elsewhere on that date and they'd be more than happy to have his business... Just gotta wonder how MGM is gonna feel about GBP not showing any flexibility and holding that date just to stick it to Floyd. I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to know GBP is a sinking ship and Mayweather/Haymon/Schaefer seems to be the future at this point...

Comment

floyd's never fought at MSG. time to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                      Lets see if the MGM bends over back for Mayweather

Short term or long term. I can see them taking Canelo away after that if the MGM wants to play like that
                      He can pretty much take any date he wants, within reason. Same with Manny Pacquaio. And who is Golden Boy going to book for September 13? Did you even think of that first?

Comment

Working...
                      X