No announcement yet.

Is Matthyse Washed up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
    Nah. The style match-up made for a tough fight than most expected. Molina was stronger at 140 and looked like the bigger guy.

You can outbox Molina all day. But if you come to him you play into his strength which allowed for a fun fight.
    Completely wrong...

When a big named fighter like Mathysse loses, what his promoters and managers do is set him up with someone that he will be able to look good against.

For example, Canelo vs Angulo, Cotto vs Rodriguez, Pacquaio vs Rios and I have TONS of other examples. The promoters fool fans into thinking it's going to be competitive but it never is.

Molina was and is tailored made for Mathysse. It's not a bad style match up, on the contrary, he's right in front of Mathysse to be hit.

Now what might have happened and IMO did, was that Molina is a tough SOB and he was underestimated. In the end though, he couldn't defend himself because he has no defense.

I think Mathysse showed a little weakness in his armor and to be honest, I thought he would turn out to be the better between him and Maidana when they were both coming up and not well known.

Comment

Molina definitely didn't go easy, but he caught the biggest beating of his career as a result. It was looking similar to the Ajose fight by the 6th. Molina stood in front of him and wasn't throwing enough, and Matts took that as an invitation to fuck him up. Had Matts not gotten knocked down, this thread probably wouldn't even exist. We would all be talking about Molina's toughness.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 04-28-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X