Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the fighters that ended up punch drunk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    I notice TS has all black fighters in his list. mexicans and whites and all colors and creeds can get punch drunk too.

just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
      ALL boxers suffer from this. What's the point?

You get hit in the head and you get the headaches and the shakes. Some handle it better than others.
      you don't know a damned thing about it.

in general, I find this thread very disrespectful towards the sport and it's participants...... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        update your list then. you ain't slick

Comment

update your list then. you ain't slick
          I was going to, but now, ehhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Floyd mayweather jr rarely even gets hit. How the hell r u all cmng up w the "he is showng signs of brain damage" arguments? Everyone, even professional actors w show nervousness at some point in front of a camera.

Comment

Some of it seems to be random or down to genetics. You got guys like Foreman and SRL that were in wars and took a lot of shots and perfectly fine and guys like whitaker and toney have been sluring for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Some of it seems to be random or down to genetics. You got guys like Foreman and SRL that were in wars and took a lot of shots and perfectly fine and guys like whitaker and toney have been sluring for a long time.

Yeah in boxing it all seems about the luck of the draw. Even skilled defensive fighters have suffered from it. Many guys with no defense like George Chuvalo come out fine. It is all about the individual I guess.

Comment

I notice TS has all black fighters in his list. mexicans and whites and all colors and creeds can get punch drunk too.

just so you know.
                  It may be of interest that I've particularly noticed that Spanish speaking boxers, however beaten up, never seem to me to have any speech problems at all. They are uniformly very articulate and verbose. For example, I saw a video of Jose Luis Castillo the other week, being asked about his future. He was perfect, and has taken umpteen beatings. Another is Erik Morales. Not sure about Barrera, I think he doesn't have as ready a tongue.

Since the damage is caused by the brain hitting the bone of the skull by a punch heavy enough to push it through the protective liquid, it seems to me that some fighters may have larger or smaller brain cavities, with larger or smaller amounts of protective fluid.Those with optimum combinations suffer less than others.

A larger brain with lesser fluid might have an advantage because there would be minimum accelleration therefore the contact would be far less..........??

Then again a smaller brain with a larger amount of protective liquid might be better cushioned so that only the most cncussive blows would cause contact.......????
                  Last edited by edgarg; 02-10-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    in general, I find this thread very disrespectful towards the sport and it's participants...... Rockin'
                    You have a good point here, these threads do come off very disrespectful for real

At the same time though, I kinda feel like we shouldn't turn a blind eye to things and act like nothing ever happened either

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      One thing I've noticed PARTICULARLY, is that boxers in the early but noticeable stages, seem to wag their heads from side to side and open their eyes wide, with much lip licking, and constantly repeating themselves, as if they are having difficulty in making themselves understood. It's as if there's some sort of struggle going on inside their heads to articulate properly to get their points over.
                      Pretty sure that's a symptom of nervousness. A lot of them are talking on camera.

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
                      You have a good point here, these threads do come off very disrespectful for real

At the same time though, I kinda feel like we shouldn't turn a blind eye to things and act like nothing ever happened either
                      +1

People would do well to remember just how dangerous a sport it can be.

Comment

Working...
                      X