Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney making his MMA debut against Randy Couture...good or bad for Boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney making his MMA debut against Randy Couture...good or bad for Boxing??

James Toney making his MMA debut against Randy Couture

We all know Toney is just looking to milk this thing for money.......but I can't possibly think of any reason why he would do this....vs Captain America.....Randy Couture maybe old and waaaaay past his prime....but its exactly because he is old and waaaaay past his prime that this is a no win situation for Boxing....if Toney beats him....so what he beat and old legend....if he gets a beat down....it reinforces MMA's belief that boxers are somehow less than them....I just don't see the point other than this being a circus stunt....no good for either sport....

i think they're both old and past prime. that said, toney will probably lose tho.....

Comment

It does nothing really, unless Couture stands up with Toney and knocks him out.. but that wont happen.

Comment

It's an MMA fight,it has no importance whatsoever on boxing.

Toney is obviouslt doing it for money.

Comment

he is old, fat, past his prime, lazy I could go on.... It was bad for boxing that he was still around never mind going into mma.

Now it would be different if Vitali, Wlad or Haye said f.u.c.k it lets fight Lesner

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
            It's an MMA fight,it has no importance whatsoever on boxing.

Toney is obviouslt doing it for money.
            This.

Toney was past his best years ago in Boxing so doesn't really say anything bad about the sport of Boxing apart from his arse should of retired ages ago.

Comment

Bad for Toney, not Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                James Toney making his MMA debut against Randy Couture

We all know Toney is just looking to milk this thing for money.......but I can't possibly think of any reason why he would do this....vs Captain America.....Randy Couture maybe old and waaaaay past his prime....but its exactly because he is old and waaaaay past his prime that this is a no win situation for Boxing....if Toney beats him....so what he beat and old legend....if he gets a beat down....it reinforces MMA's belief that boxers are somehow less than them....I just don't see the point other than this being a circus stunt....no good for either sport....
                couture has some serious ground, thats why they chose him vs toney

Comment

Boxing doesn't live or die based on an MMA match.

What's good for boxing? To work with what we already have (or should have):

Haye vs Wladimir
                  Mayweather vs Pacquiao
                  Super 6 Tournament = good fights
                  Loaded 140lb, 147lb, 126, 168 etc divisions
                  Gamboa vs Lopez

etc...

Boxing has its own work to do, yes...but Boxing also has its own gems that need to be taken advantage of when the iron is hot (Wlad/Haye, Floyd/Pacman, etc)

Comment

honestly if Toney can win this it will hurt mma big time.

Comment

Working...
                    X