Collapse
No announcement yet.

What next for David Price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a great fighter doesn't make you a great trainer and judging by some of the **** Lennox used to say on HBO, I think he's probably a better student than he is a teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
      I just don't believe that because you were a good fighter that makes you a good coach. Lewis had his style from both Olympics and up to his first WBC reign and he was a good fighter, it was Manny that changed him into a ATG. I don't believe wlad would be a good coach for the same reason. Lennox would be great to have for first hand experience of the big occasion and dealing with the pressure, but for strategy and tactics, I can't believe in someone who has only followed orders instead of giving them.
      What an absolute load of tosh.

So, you're writing off Lewis before he's started? He, and Wladimir, would have had set training schedules, devised by Manny. To suggest they wouldn't have picked anything up from them, which they could transmit to other HWs, is simply ******ed.

Banks is too gung-ho. He's pushing Wladimir to be more offensive which, IMO, is dangerous.

Also, aren't you the guy who ranked Bowe ahead of Lennox in your ATG list?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Being a great fighter doesn't make you a great trainer and judging by some of the **** Lennox used to say on HBO, I think he's probably a better student than he is a teacher.
        Perhaps; but to write him off before he's started is stupid.

Comment

I can't see him going anywhere, I haven't seen somebody fall apart like that in the ring for a long time. I think more than anything he just has no head for the game. With his natural advantages he should be a beast, and when he's up against old has beens and never were's he looks ok but I think anybody with the wiles to get past the first few rounds with him will stop him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              What an absolute load of tosh.

So, you're writing off Lewis before he's started? He, and Wladimir, would have had set training schedules, devised by Manny. To suggest they wouldn't have picked anything up from them, which they could transmit to other HWs, is simply ******ed.

Banks is too gung-ho. He's pushing Wladimir to be more offensive which, IMO, is dangerous.

Also, aren't you the guy who ranked Bowe ahead of Lennox in your ATG list?
              I didnt rank him ahead based on achievement but on the best version turning up I do believe bowe had more to offer than Lewis. How many ATG fighters became ATG trainers? I was ringside in the echo arena on the night and I do believe price defeated himself, gassing with nervous energy and having no plan B once Thompson didn't stay down. I'm not blaming Lewis for the loss, I'm just saying because he was a good fighter doesn't mean he will be a good trainer, what about that don't you understand? I'm a good pad man, great at getting people in shape, great at putting plans together for fighters, doesn't mean I'm a great fighter. I'm not. I can hit pads and look great, whenever I'm in the ring my mind goes blank and anyone with a brain walks me onto shots all day.

Comment

Fight at domestic level again. There is some OK fights for him there. Then move up to European level and see what he can do there.

Price is not young for a boxer, and has to many flaws in his game. He's stiff, and agile. His defense can be improved though.

Price probably will not ever compete at the world level. Anyone with a bit of pop, and a decent chin are going to trouble him.

Feel bad for Price. He is a nice guy and I was expecting more from him, but he's been exposed by Thompson, which is not embarrassing, just that maybe world level is to much.
                Last edited by Uturn; 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X