Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Collins Vows: I Will Knock Roy Jones Jr. Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steve Collins Vows: I Will Knock Roy Jones Jr. Out!

Steve Collins has already started training for his proposed fight with Roy Jones Jnr and plans to silence his old rival with a knockout.

The 48-year-old Irishman retired from boxing in 1997, but he has agreed to return against ring legend Jones and the pair are awaiting offers to stage the bout.

Former trainer Freddie Roach has advised Collins about his preparations and he will be trained in Dublin by his brother Paschal, who works with middleweight Gary O'Sullivan.

"I'm back in training a week now," he told Ringside podcast Toe 2 Toe. "My brother Paschal is going to be my coach. He's got the gym, the knowledge and the expertise. [Click Here To Read More]

Why cant Roy just work for HBO and be happy!

Comment

and that means...what exactly at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        and that means...what exactly at this point?
        it means Collins was and is better than Roy.

You say Roy is shot?
        Collins haven't box for like 17 years... he's 50.

Comment

shows what care & concern boxing commissions have 4 boxers...this should not even b sanctioned...

Comment

In their prime Collins wouldn't of touched him. Sad if Jones accepts this fight. In his prime he was the greatest boxer I had ever seen (during my lifetime). Toying with everyone he faced, knocking people out with his hands behind his back. Too bad that's not the Jones people are gonna remember now.

Comment

Collins wasn't and isn't fit to carry Roy's gym bag. This kinda crap gives the sport a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                Collins wasn't and isn't fit to carry Roy's gym bag. This kinda crap gives the sport a bad name.
                No it doesn't. Nobody outside of hardcore boxing gurus on forums even know this fight exists.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  shows what care & concern boxing commissions have 4 boxers...this should not even b sanctioned...
                  Even though I feel like this bout is a bit of a farce, I will say this: I welcome it over a young gun blitzing an old Roy. At least Collins is past it too. More of a level playing field if both of them are determined to box again.

Comment

This fight is ****ing stupid. I thought Hopkins/Jones Jr 2 was dumb, this is next level.

Comment

Working...
                    X