Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM plans on defending his title july 30th.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    So he's going to extend his contract with Golden Boy?

I just don't get JMM. He says he wants pacquiao more than anything else in boxing, yet re-signing with Golden Boy is a 100% sure way of the Pacquiao fight not happening. Arum already said if he leaves GB he'll get his fight with Pac. :scratches head:
    i don't know.

it seems to me that marquez is not as eager to fight pacquiao as he says he is

Comment

As boxing fans we should be glad he's not fighting pacquiao at 147.

Comment

I just don't get JMM. He says he wants pacquiao more than anything else in boxing, yet re-signing with Golden Boy is a 100% sure way of the Pacquiao fight not happening. Arum already said if he leaves GB he'll get his fight with Pac. :scratches head:
        He just used the threat of jumping ship for a Pacquiao fight to trick GBP into giving him more money. Never had any intention of fighting Pacquiao in his prime. You would think that he learned from the Chris John failed experiment. Nothing more logical than pricing yourself out and then taking a fraction of the payday you would've gotten

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
          Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a clear duck.

You can't go around wearing t-shirts saying you beat a man twice when you have 0 wins on the record, yap constantly about wanting to fight (he's on the record that 147 is fine by him) and how it's 'a fight fans need to see' (direct quote) and then when the other side says come get you some, all of a sudden no one wants to see the fight anymore and you take short money to fight someone else.

Comment

Win, lose or draw, he's facing Manny in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I've been saying this for quite a while, but I knew JMM would renew his contract with Golden Boy. After Shane pulled that stunt to get a fight with Manny and Marquez sharing the same thoughts just a few months after, Oscar probably went on beserk mode and tried to convince him that a fight with Manny is the worst choice possible. It was all over once JMM said talks went well for his contract renewal.

Comment

I think GBP in an effort not to lose a long time fighter they upgraded his contract. You also have to put yourself on Marquez' shoes. He thinks he won twice and he thinks he's good enough to at least make it competitive again. Then again he would be fighting him at 147 giving every advantage and possibly getting hurt. On the other hand he can fight a few more fights and keep his legacy intact, attempt a 4th title and get as much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    My thoughts exactly.
                    So to see Pacquiao f@gs like "The Prince" calling a legendary fighter like JMM who actually fought linear champions and number one lightweights a "duck" because he won't go ALL THE WAY UP TO 147 to fight pacquiao is completely ****ing ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a clear duck.

You can't go around wearing t-shirts saying you beat a man twice when you have 0 wins on the record, yap constantly about wanting to fight (he's on the record that 147 is fine by him) and how it's 'a fight fans need to see' (direct quote) and then when the other side says come get you some, all of a sudden no one wants to see the fight anymore and you take short money to fight someone else.
                      asking for 50-50, ost, and staying with gbp

jmm doesn't seem to eager to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X