No announcement yet.

Cotto Changing his Corner, McGirt and Shields are leading Candidates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
    i think mcgirt is an underrated trainer. It's not his fault gatti had limited skills, tarver was aging, and paulie couldn't handle hatton. Mcgirt gives good advise to his fighters, but to be honest he never actually had an elite fighter. His fighters were overachievers at best. Look opponents he trained his guys to fight. Rahman vs. Klitschko, sharmba mitchell vs. Mayweather, gatti vs. Mayweather, lol.

Criticizing a trainer for having a limited fighter is almost equivalent to giving a trainer too much credit when he trains a hall of famer. Trainers deserve a lot of respect as well as accountability. Just remember that once the bell rings, it's one on one and it's up to the fighters to execute what their trainers taught them.
    true that........

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Too little too late. Although, you never know. Maybe if he looks impressive and stops Foreman, he can get another big fight and be able to go out with a bang.
      Cotto has fought pretty much elite fighters over the last few years and when he has fought sub B grade or less he has absolutely destroyed them. I think people are being harsh on Cotto's skill set degrading considering to whom he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by A-side meth View Post
        I wold also go with Shields between the two but Floyd Mayweather Sr would be a much better option.
        Cotto won't understand Floyd Sr.

Comment

Too little, too late.

He should pick Nazim Richardson from the current available list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            By Rey Colón
            EL Vocero
            January 29, 2010 05:00 am

The highly rated trainers Ronnie Shields and Buddy McGirt continue playing strongly as potential candidates to replace Joe Santiago on the corner of former WBO welterweight champion, Miguel Cotto , who succumbed in his last fight by TKO in 12 rounds against the Filipino Manny Pacquiao.

According to reports, Shields and McGirt, is not only being considered to head the corner of someone nicknamed 'Junito' who according to plans by the promoter Bob Arum, president of Top Rank, will reappear on June 12 at Madison Square Garden against Yuri Foreman, owner of the WBA 154 lbs.

But Joe, who is also the match maker of Promociones Miguel Cotto, would not be out of the working group as neitehr would be South African Phil Landman, his conditioning coach, who allegedly would begin to train the former champ in the Añbergue Olimpico in March .

"We will be sitting down to talk more specifically on the corner and his next fight with our pormoter,"said Gaby Penagaricano legal counsel.

Incidentally, the corner of two-time world champion in different categories has a vacancy with the passing of his father recently Miguel Cotto Carrasquillo, who was acting manager in addition.

For the Pacquiao brawl with Cotto Carrasquillo worked well in the red corner his brother Jose Miguel and Santiago as head coach and cuts expert, Joe Chavez.

http://www.vocero.com/noticia-39060-..._de_cotto.html

Both those trainers are equally trash.Cotto is definitely finished if he picks any of them.I wish he could get back with his uncle.He`s a perfect fit.

Comment

he should get Nazim, he's underrated in my opinion...he's a great, great trainer

i don't think Freddie would mind training another guy either, Freddie's the master

Comment

Working...
              X