Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should Gennady Golovkin fight on Jan 19?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Golovkin isn't a big name and thus, will have a hard climb to the big money bouts. He's young though and if he's as good as advertised, that opportunity will come sooner rather than later.
    He's 30 years old?

GGG vs Geale is the fight I want to see

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      He's 30 years old?

Geale ducked that fight and is fighting anthony mundine next likely followed by sam soliman.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        Geale ducked that fight and is fighting anthony mundine next likely followed by sam soliman.
        Avenging a loss for a huge payday is not a duck.

He was also pretty close to fighting Pirog, who brought similar risk/reward, before he got a much better offer from Sturm so it's not like he's afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Avenging a loss for a huge payday is not a duck.
          It certainly is when you get stripped of your belt as a result. Mundine? And why fight sam soliman? c'mon man, he doesn't want a part of GGG.

Anyways, regardless of his reasons and if he's just cashing out or whatever, he's completely irrelevant to this discussion.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

It certainly is when you get stripped of your belt as a result.
            If that was his only belt, I'd agree, but he still has the IBF belt. The marginal benefit of a second belt is very small.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              If that was he's only belt, I'd agree., but he still has the IBF belt. The marginal benefit of a second belt is very small.
              doesn't matter he is now completely irrelevant at 160 for the time being. He pretty much has two fights lined up, he's locked till mid to late 2013, maybe later if mudine puts up a good effort they can have a rubber match.

Comment

It certainly is when you get stripped of your belt as a result. Mundine? And why fight sam soliman? c'mon man, he doesn't want a part of GGG.

Anyways, regardless of his reasons and if he's just cashing out or whatever, he's completely irrelevant to this discussion.
                I really do think Golovkin/Geale will happen before the end of next year. Everyone is gunning for Martinez, but he's in control. Martinez/Murray will force Golovkin/Geale/Quillin to start negotiating with one another.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  He's 30 years old?

I thought he was 28. Still 30 isn't bad - plenty of fan-friendly fights out there but not many that make fiscal sense for the bigger names out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    I trust ya. But do you have a source?
                    http://www.***************.net/2012/...tommy-gun.html

Comment

Realistic options would be Macklin and Murray. Good solid middleweights who would give GGG a nice workout.

Comment

Working...
                      X