Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Mitchell convicted for knife possession..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems a bit over the top to be honest, there isnt any law in having a hunting knife/fishing knife...if your driving to go hunting or fishing where you supposed to put it?

Cops making an example.

Comment

I got a swiss army knife in my car, i couldnt care less what the Police say. If you want to kill someone just keep a tool kit in your car a big long screw driver or a claw hammer will do more damage than a little pocket knife.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        you can go to prison for having a knife? lol in the US you can have a god damn RPG and get like $500 fine.
        He's not going to prison, he's serving a community order.

Comment

you can go to prison for having a knife? lol in the US you can have a god damn RPG and get like $500 fine.
          Thats why America is so fcuked up!

Comment

"It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches." [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]

"The phrase "good reason" is intended to allow for "common sense" possession of knives, so that it is legal to carry a knife if there is a bona fide reason to do so. Examples of bona fide reasons which have been accepted include: a knife required for ones trade (e.g. a chefs knife), as part of a national costume (e.g. a sgian dubh), or for religious reasons (e.g. a Sikh Kirpan)."

I don’t see what the problem is with having tough laws on carrying weapons I think most mature adults would come to the consensus that it is in fact a good thing.

It shows the maturity levels on this site when you see people calling a country ‘Gay’ because it has strict laws regarding weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              "It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches." [CJA 1988 section 139(1)]

"The phrase "good reason" is intended to allow for "common sense" possession of knives, so that it is legal to carry a knife if there is a bona fide reason to do so. Examples of bona fide reasons which have been accepted include: a knife required for ones trade (e.g. a chefs knife), as part of a national costume (e.g. a sgian dubh), or for religious reasons (e.g. a Sikh Kirpan)."

I don’t see what the problem is with having tough laws on carrying weapons I think most mature adults would come to the consensus that it is in fact a good thing.

It shows the maturity levels on this site when you see people calling a country ‘Gay’ because it has strict laws regarding weapons.
              Thats America for you!

Comment

Well the US is a somewhat backwards nation i mean it is one of the few countries that still use the death penalty.

The following 23 countries carried out executions in 2010: Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Botswana, China, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Libya, Malaysia, North Korea, Palestinian Authority, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, Vietnam, Yemen and of course the USA.

I think that list speaks volumes.

Comment

This is after he gets a drunk driving charge too and banned for 3 years.

So in the space of a couple of years he has,

2 Drink driving charges
                  Caught growing marijuana
                  Carrying a knife

Probably a few other things too.

Comment

A knife? That seems a bit silly. It must have been a big, fuck off, shiny one.

Comment

What's wrong with this dude... less than 2 years ago he fought Katsidis for an interim title and got over £100,000. then he gambled away and spent all his money and now he's back with an excellent victory yet he's ****ed up again... he has a lot of potential but is wasting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X