Collapse
No announcement yet.

13-year old boy shot and killed by police in Sonoma, CA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err...the kid was running around with an airsoft replica of an AK with the safety paint removed...Not saying it was justified but c'mon son, what do you expect when a cop tells you to drop a weapon (even if its not lethal)?

My friends and I used to shoot pellet guns in the hills all the time, cops got called on us once, they came full on with swat because a neighbor thought were had high-power rifles...guess what we dropped that **** and followed instructions...no issues once they inspected what we had.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      Err...the kid was running around with an airsoft replica of an AK with the safety paint removed...Not saying it was justified but c'mon son, what do you expect when a cop tells you to drop a weapon (even if its not lethal)?

My friends and I used to shoot pellet guns in the hills all the time, cops got called on us once, they came full on with swat because a neighbor thought were had high-power rifles...guess what we dropped that **** and followed instructions...no issues once they inspected what we had.

The kid wouldn't have been killed by the police if the same situation took place in Fountain Grove, Beverly Hills, Malibu, or The Hamptons. That's the point.
      Last edited by UTEP; 10-25-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Kid supposedly barely turned around when the cop felt he was in imminent danger and shot at seven times. This was a matter of seconds though, not like some intense stand off..

I get your point though.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
          The kid wouldn't have been killed by the police if the same situation took place in Fountain Grove, Beverly Hills, Malibu, or The Hamptons. That's the point.
          Believe that. lol

Comment

Stupid point though, if you go in the woods dressed as a bear you're more likely to be shot than going on the streets dressed as a bear.

Comment

Land of the Free

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                Stupid point though, if you go in the woods dressed as a bear you're more likely to be shot than going on the streets dressed as a bear.

Stupid point though, we're not talking about bears.

Comment

Stupid point though, we're not talking about bears.
                  Bears or Guns the point is the same, the gun is more likely to be real and a threat than in those other places.

Comment

Your point? The kid could be carrying a real ak and had just shot someone...and in those areas, the cops would likely help him hide the body.

End of the day, reason this kid was killed was because of bs phobia of guns. 6 months ago, open carry was perfectly legal in California, now its not making anyone carrying anything an elevated threat in cops eyes.

In no way am I saying the cops acted properly but I can understand that its possible that they had no clue that it wasn't a real gun and we have no idea what the kid did when they tried to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                      Bears or Guns the point is the same, the gun is more likely to be real and a threat than in those other places.
                      Yeah, but that makes it even more ****ed up.. Just because a family can't afford to live in the nicer neighborhoods, kids have to grow up with a mental note that they will be shot down in these types of situations, without the benefit of a doubt.. Then authority wonders why these kids come up with a chip on their shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                      X