Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(sorry for the double post)
    Last edited by alembic; 12-31-2012, 10:01 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

I'm a Pacquiao fan because he usually brings it to the ring and helps create entertaining, action fights.

But I'm a boxing fan foremost.

That KO of the Year is the KO of the young decade.

That win by Marquez is the Fight of the Year. Easy.

The fact that Marquez was in trouble in round 6, battered and bloody, and still had the grit and focus to come back to crush Manny with that sweet counter right; that he secured a long sought victory in the most devastating fashion; that he demolished his chief rival at the twilight of his career; that this victory could conceivably become one of the greatest signature wins by any fighter in the modern era; HOW IN H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS CAN YOU NOT CONSIDER MARQUEZ AS FIGHTER OF THE YEAR, RONNIE????

Please, please, don't let your bias for boxers of Filipino ancestry turn you into some name-dropping, jingoistic hack. You've been around long enough to know that boxing cannot be served by the type of chauvinism that prevents giving due credit to fighters who perform in the most exemplary way appreciated by all true boxing fans.

So rip away the veil of nationalistic pride (which is largely unessential).

Juan Manuel Marquez: Fighter of the Year. Easy.

Comment

I agree with Ronnie. Marquez shouldn't be fighter of the year.

Putting a hype job to sleep doesn't warrant a fighter of the year award.

Comment

Ronnie is still crying. Makes me wanna lick his tear like Eric Cartman. hey Ronnie, if you have trouble sleeping I know a 40 year old Mexican boxer that can help you out.

Comment

What do they mean, Philippine's best?! Isn't he the Philippine's ONLY??? What's the story here?

Comment

Gotta love the casual moron fans of boxing..Hype Job..I respect any man that gets in a ring..you should too. Calling someone a hype job because you don't respect his choice in opponents or circumstances of the fight contracts is a personal issue. Ironically I don't hear most folks around here talking about countless other stars with histories of ballooning fighters or draining them. Cotto drained the hell out of margarito twice but we don't ever hear about that..Floyd ballooned marquez we don't hear about that, Canelo balloons fighters we don't hear that, ward just fought a drained dawson we don't hear nothing about that...so can we officially just label it Pacquaio hate?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
                It'll be hard for Donaire . PAC was 19 when he first won his world title(lineal) And beat future hall of famer Marco Antonio Barrera at 24. Can Doņa ire become an ATG?
                If Pacquiao can become an " ATG " by beating washed up old men who would have also lost to a number of guys in the divisions that they fought in..... then yea, Nonito sure as hell can too.

How could beating someone who would have lost to a number of other guys, be accurately described as "great" ?

Still waiting for someone to give me 1 example of someone Pac beat, who would not have also been beaten by a number of other guys in the division they fought in.

Then waiting for some smart-arse pac-stain to try the same comparison with Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  I am a big Pacquiao fan, but this article is ridiculious. There is no need for it. Pacquiao doesn't need you defending him in tears. Real boxing fans know ATG's get knocked out sometimes. Boxers that become very famous end up getting so much exposure that eventually folks just start to hate on them because they are TIRED of them. Look at Ali, De La Hoya, Roy Jones Jr... look at Floyd... Pacquaio was, is, and will always be a badass. But don't disrespect JMM's achievement of knocking his ass out.
                  And real boxing fans also know that hype-jobs are often exposed when forced to step up and fight someone with skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Pac's resume and accomplishments are so deep than hes not only Phillipines best but still boxings best
                    Most delusional Pac Fan boy evaaaaaa LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                      Agree here is another thought. A lot of pinoys didnt know about pac until arum packaged him up as the one to beat the best boxer in boxing. Even though arum had no intentions on putting him in the ring with floyd. The 1st the two fights with JMM only did 750k!!! While floyds fight with JMM did 950k. And after pac walked away from the table because he did not want to do ost. But arum spinned it as floyd was scared and pac hacks ate it up. Donair is respected all around as a master boxer who dont need catch wts or gimmicks to win. Nonito is the truth that fights all not just old men.
                      I agree, good post.

Donaire is legit, whereas Pacquiao is a made man.

Comment

Working...
                      X