Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be Dawson's next move if he defeats Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
    "im too small" - sergio " no balls " martinez
    You actually want to watch Martinez-Dawson at 175? You're serious?

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
      How do you think he'd do against the two?
      If he beats Ward, which I don't think will happen, he should be favoured against both. Of course it would be more difficult if he had to travel to Nottingham or Copenhagen, but he'd still be the favourite.

Comment

Stay at 168 (presuming he looks healthy) and fight Carl Froch or Ward rematch?

Or return to 175 and take on the winner of Pascal/Cloud AND force Ward to come to 175 for a rematch?
        the latter, hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Ill take Cloud over Dawson.
          After his loss to Campillo?

Spooky.

Comment

Go back to 175 and fight the Cloud-Pascal winner. With a win over one of them he'd essentially be undisputed in my eyes. Only Campillo would be left unless you view Shumenov or Cleverly as a threat which I do not.

This time next year all the big names at 168 will be at 175 so it's stupid for him to stay at 168.

Comment

Cloud vs Pascal winner
              or
              Shumenov vs Cleverly winner

Comment

Obviously fight the winner of Pascal/Cloud.

Comment

if he beats Ward, then you can be sure most guys at 168 will probably not fancy fighting him as he doesnt bring much to the table other then a possible loss to your record, he's like Bradley, skilled with no fans....all risk and no reward. Other then Froch who might fancy his chances I dont know who will really fancy fighting the naturally bigger man who has just beaten the number one 168 lb champ.

I dont see him beating Ward though

Comment

Stay at 168 (presuming he looks healthy) and fight Carl Froch or Ward rematch?

Or return to 175 and take on the winner of Pascal/Cloud or force Ward to come to 175 for a rematch?
                    All of the above. If he beats Ward, by definition he's healthy at 168.

Fight Froch or any other big name at 168. Might as well. He's already there. If Jr beats Serge (yes, I know it's a big "if"), he might be feelin' strong enough.

Then go back to 175 and do what needs doing. If Ward has been winning while all this has been going on, have the rematch at 175.

Ward's mental toughness is gonna' make all of this a moot point though.

Comment

How long has it been since Dawson fought at 168 anyway?

Comment

Working...
                      X