No announcement yet.

The Mothman Incident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
    Mothman is just a silly nickname for "it". I truely believe it was/is something supernatural. Angle/alien/demon/spirit....or something we just cant explain. I really dont know what it is, I believe something very weird was happening from november 1966 to the end of 1967. Just way too many reports of crazy **** at that time all going on in one place. Something happened.

A sandhill crane, out of its migration route, with a seven foot wingspan and red ringed eyes. Combined with late nights, a spooky setting (the old munitions factory) and a dose of local hysteria.

Comment

Only an idiot would believe such a story.

Comment

Vampires are real

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
          Vampires are real
          No, you're thinking of goths.

Comment

More people in America believe in the devil and the existence of hell than the theory of evolution stuff like this helps explain that to me.

Comment

Comment

I really wish this poll was public so I'd know who to ridicule.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Because it's a ****ing tourist trap which boosts the local economy. Do you know how many tourist attractions there are dedicated to this nonsense in Point Pleasant? I have a general idea of how many because I had to pass Point Pleasant, West Virginia on the interstate many years ago and couldn't believe the number of interstate billboards urging motorists to take the offramp and "investigate the mystery".

It's the same bull**** they pull in Salem, Oregon (and other such crummy towns who are famous for nothing more than bull**** stories) claiming to be haunted because of the witch trials while setting up business after business to cash in on the annual boom that tourism brings to the economy.

Whether it's the mothman in West Virginia, alien tourism in Roswell, Bigfoot in the pacific Northwest, or ghostly tours all across the south the purpose behind such "sightings" has always been to attract attention and income to a place that is otherwise undeserving of either.
                  Leave it to Bringer to on the parade. I don't believe these ghost stories/ prophecies but it's fun to suspend your logic and discuss these things as if they're real.

I loved the movie Mothman Prophecies with Dick Gere btw...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

no. you just like typing "dick gere".

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Leave it to Bringer to on the parade. I don't believe these ghost stories/ prophecies but it's fun to suspend your logic and discuss these things as if they're real.

I have even less tolerance for bull**** paranormal/cryptozoology nonsense than I do religious quacks. If I were President I'd have everybody over the age of 10 who believes in ghosts gassed for crimes against intelligence and logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X