Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia vs Salka - Worst 140 title fight in history (on paper)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ron seltzer is a tough young hungry tiger going for the kill, erbody tune into showtime, the king of boxing.

as long as my fav fighters are getting paid, i could care less for the fights. the fight itself after all, is a minor event compared to families getting fed. get real h8ters

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
      That's a bit harsh...I'm not a fan of this fight,but Rod Salka can box. He's not an elite,but I have definitely seen worst title fights. Hell, you can sum up most of Vitali's recent fights before he retired as being a big joke.

I am assuming that Garcia will fight Lamont Peterson after this fight,but honestly-both Lamont and Danny are at the stages in their careers where they don't really need a tune up to face one another....it just seems more like a time waste or filler fight than anything else.
      LOL Vitali fought who he had to fight in his division. Ron Salka is not ranked nor in Danny Garcia division, they picked him cause he was the least threat to Danny, and by least we mean least!

I'm rooting for Rod Salka to pull off the victory, their is just something appalling about Danny and team Garcia entire attitude toward this fight. Their is a huge difference of choosing a tune up bout and choosing a unranked over matched lightweight to fight the supposedly best at light welterweight.

Comment

I literally never heard of him until the guy got he fight with Danny.

Comment

I'm fairly certain this is the worst. In order for it not to be the worst, you'd have to find a fight that met the following criteria:

1. Champion is considered lineal champ
          2. Opponent is unranked in champ's division
          3. Opponent's highest ranking doesn't break top 75 in his own division

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
            LOL Vitali fought who he had to fight in his division. Ron Salka is not ranked nor in Danny Garcia division, they picked him cause he was the least threat to Danny, and by least we mean least!

I'm rooting for Rod Salka to pull off the victory, their is just something appalling about Danny and team Garcia entire attitude toward this fight. Their is a huge difference of choosing a tune up bout and choosing a unranked over matched lightweight to fight the supposedly best at light welterweight.
            Vitali was fighting some scrubs, no doubt about it. Where was Charr ranked before Vitali talked about fighting him? How about Sosnowski.....exactly-these guys were absolute scrubs-plain and simple. Vitali himself could have fought anyone else and beaten anyone else,but the truth is he didn't.

I'm kinda hoping for Salka to outbox Danny-lol. I would have to assume that they chose Salka for a few reasons...1-on paper he is a soft touch as he is a puncher. 2-he has just enough boxing skills for Danny to "practice" against a textbook boxer style without the risk of looking too bad-remember,he looked very crummy against Herrera,who CAN box.

Is this a farce? Probably, but then again so are a lot of rankings. Some fighters haven't even had to fight in a specific weight class to be ranked in them-and still skip the line to receive a complimentary vacant title shot!

Comment

Boxing has too long of a shady history to say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post

This is a clear case of Danny being the lineal champ, but certainly not the best imo.I give Danny props for certain fights-he was supposed to lose against Lucas and Khan but he found the will to win....I am not confident he would beat John Molina jr, let alone Lucas in a rematch, but at least he has been game for the challenge when push came to shove.

IMO-Danny had what was SUPPOSED to be his "gimme" fight against Herrera-the problem is they didn't look good against the underdog...and by not looking good, I mean he could have easily lost and not a soul on this planet would have rabidly disagreed!

I think they finally needed a "real gimme" fight and this is why they chose Salka. Wouldn't it be ironic if Salka ended up being as competitive as Herrera-lol

Comment

Hatton v Lazcano was pretty shoddy, especially since he claimed "This one's for all my fans" then precedes to charge £15 on Sky Box Office for it.

Most of his "fans" wanted him to fight Witter in a unification fight at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                    That's a bit harsh...I'm not a fan of this fight,but Rod Salka can box. He's not an elite,but I have definitely seen worst title fights. Hell, you can sum up most of Vitali's recent fights before he retired as being a big joke.

I am assuming that Garcia will fight Lamont Peterson after this fight,but honestly-both Lamont and Danny are at the stages in their careers where they don't really need a tune up to face one another....it just seems more like a time waste or filler fight than anything else.
                    LOL "not elite". He's not even top 50 in ranking. elite is like top 3. He's a lot more than "not elite".

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                      LOL "not elite". He's not even top 50 in ranking. elite is like top 3. He's a lot more than "not elite".
                      He's not even top 75. He's 77th.

SEVENTY-SEVENTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X