No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Lacy: A Return For The Right Reasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jeff Lacy: A Return For The Right Reasons

By Thomas Gerbasi - Honesty is in short supply in the world of boxing. Sometimes that’s a good thing, but most of the time it’s not. In the case of former United States Olympian and world super middleweight champion Jeff Lacy, it’s simply appreciated.

At 36, Lacy is returning to the ring this Saturday, the first time he’ll step through the ropes since a December 2010 loss to Dhafir Smith. At the time of the defeat, he was 4-3 in his last seven bouts, a string that followed a 2006 loss to Joe Calzaghe that has, for better or worse, defined his career.

That’s unfortunate. Because for the five years prior to the Calzaghe fight, Florida’s Lacy was one of boxing’s brightest hopes to transcend the sport. A fighter that treated his moniker “Left Hook” like a mission statement and not a nickname, Lacy always showed up to bang, not to dance. [Click Here To Read More]

Well go out and do your thing then man. If you want to return to the top scene, put everything you have in one last run

Comment

He had his first girlfriend around the time of Calzaghe fight?

Comment

war lacy

Comment

Good luck to Jeff Lacy

Comment

Jeff lacy vs jermain Taylor anyone? who u got?

Comment

good luck jeff lacy going forward.this sport is no joke.i'm wishing you well.

Comment

Good luck Jeff, I was there when you fought Joe, even though Joe was as good that night as he was, you fought with great courage when a lot of others may have layed down,you didn't.

Comment

Can't fault the man. 36 is not old, but maybe in his case it is. I wish him all the best nonetheless. He's just gotta let those hands go, impress some folks (TV networks, promoters, fighters in need of an opponent, etc.) and maybe he'll get a title shot against one of the 168 guys. Stieglitz, perhaps? If Groves doesn't get the Froch rematch, how about Lacy for a stay-busy fight? Nobody seems to be clamouring to fight Bika, either.

Good article.

Comment

I just wonder how much he has left in the tank. Plus having a family tends to domesticate some fighters. Also it seems thatnwhen most fighters not named ali step away from the ring for an extended period they seem to leave a lot of skill behind. But we shall see what left hook lacy has left in the tank I hope he can regain some form there are a lot of good fights out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X