No announcement yet.

The IBF has decided if Adamek doesn't fight Pulev, Jennings can replace him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The IBF has decided if Adamek doesn't fight Pulev, Jennings can replace him

The IBF has decided that if Tomasz Adamek chooses to not fight Kubrat Pulev, he will be replaced in the final eliminator by Bryant Jennings.

Jennings zastąpi Adamka w walce z Pulewem?

There have been reports in the Polish media that Adamek may not fight Pulev. Dan Rafael said last Friday that Kathy Duva told him there have been no negotiations between the Adamek and Pulev camps yet.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM.

Jennings vs. Pulev would be a good heavyweight matchup, and might even be in the US and televised by NBC.

Comment

I love the idea of this fight but its bull**** from a ABC standpoint. Last IBF eliminator when Chambers pulled out Thompson was just granted mandatory status without a replacement. Now Pulev beats Walker, Rossy, Dimitrenko, Ustinov and has to have another fight to become mandatory?

If Adamek never wanted a title shot why the hell did he enter the IBF tournament.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Jennings vs. Pulev would be a good heavyweight matchup, and might even be in the US and televised by NBC.
      He should have to fight a replacement in their home country?
      Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        I love the idea of this fight but its bull**** from a ABC standpoint. Last IBF eliminator when Chambers pulled out Thompson was just granted mandatory status without a replacement. Now Pulev beats Walker, Rossy, Dimitrenko, Ustinov and has to have another fight to become mandatory?

If Adamek never wanted a title shot why the hell did he enter the IBF tournament.

He should have to fight a replacement in their home country?
        Your points are valid. The IBF is based in the USA.

Thompson didn't have to fight anybody else when Chambers pulled out.

My last comment was partly because I'd like to see the fight on NBC so I can watch it with English commentary, and partly because having US boxing fans see the fight would be good for Pulev's career.

Comment

Good. Adamek lost to Cunningham anyway.

I'd love to see Jennings get a crack and a Top 10 Heavyweight like Pulev.

Comment

So Adamek has decided against fighting Pulev.

Wise decision. Tomasz is too small to beat a big skilled HW like Kubrat. It would be another beatdown like Adamek-Vitali.

Comment

This answers my question. It was an eliminator and Jennings is the replacement or could be. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 02-13-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Pulev vs. Jennings is one of the best heavyweight matchups we could ask for.

Both are in their primes, talented and skilled.

Comment

Pretty big step-up for Jennings, let's see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Wise decision. Tomasz is too small to beat a big skilled HW like Kubrat. It would be another beatdown like Adamek-Vitali.

He's also been hitting the bottle too hard to take on a tough opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X