No announcement yet.

Top 10 P4P: 5 Years from now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I~ see a lot of guys with Ward in there list,

IN the next five years he will have about 10 fights say, who do you see him fighting to make him a top 5 p4p boxer?

Comment

nonitos my dude. but hes 29. in 10 years he'd be 39. i dno the last time ive heard of a number 1 p4p at that age.

real young guys i like.. demarco, mikey garcia, canelo

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
        Let's take a break off of Pacquiao, Mayweather, Marquez, Klitschko's, Hopkins, Martinez. Those guise are already on the way out, let's take a look at the future shall we?

01. Nonito Donaire
        02. Andre Ward
        03. Jose Benavidez Jr
        04. Gary Russell Jr
        05. Victor Ortiz (assuming he hasn't already retired)
        06. James DeGale
        07. Saul Alvarez
        08. Rau'sheee Warren (assuming he goes pro)
        09. Matt Korobov
        10. Frankie Gomez

No Amir Khan because he said he would retire at 28.

i've heard rumors that gomez was contemplating retirement after his GBP contract expired

rumor has it that he does not enjoy boxing
        and he's clearly not as good as they thought he was. i was never very high on the kid. he's aggressive and thats about it.

and i definitely dont think ortiz will be a p4p guy in five years

he's been in two bonafide wars (berto, maidana) and stopped twice already (maidana and floyd's two piece)
        and he drew with lamont peterson, so you know the boxing skills arent there

he's just not that good
        they wanted him to be the next oscar but he doesnt have the charisma

he's also never been the same guy since the maidana fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post

IN the next five years he will have about 10 fights say, who do you see him fighting to make him a top 5 p4p boxer?

all the SMW's come LHW's
          and all the LHW's who are too small to move to CW (who cares about CW anyway)

he's got froch coming up

cloud
          bute
          dirrell (if he boxes again)
          rodriguez (he should be ready for world title fights in 2013. i love the kid, but i dont know if he can win them)
          pascal
          dawson (though i doubt he wins this one)

none of these guys are that old.

Comment

I said in 5 years, not 10. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i've heard rumors that gomez was contemplating retirement after his GBP contract expired

rumor has it that he does not enjoy boxing
              and he's clearly not as good as they thought he was. i was never very high on the kid. he's aggressive and thats about it.

and i definitely dont think ortiz will be a p4p guy in five years

he's been in two bonafide wars (berto, maidana) and stopped twice already (maidana and floyd's two piece)
              and he drew with lamont peterson, so you know the boxing skills arent there

he's just not that good
              they wanted him to be the next oscar but he doesnt have the charisma

he's also never been the same guy since the maidana fight.
              Really? He may say that now but he knows he will need the more money after this contract. I was at his last fight in Chicago against Adrian Granados. Not sure if many of you know this guy but I am pretty impressed by his skills. He is Eddie Gomez from New York and I can also see Thomas Dulorme as a p4p fighter in the future.

Comment

Now I remember who I forgot!

Adrien Broner! Put him in Ortiz's spot, and move everyone else down.

Comment

This is obviously a long shot, since a lot can happen in five years of boxing, but here it goes...

#1 will probably be between Donaire and Khan (I don't think he will really retire that early). Ward has a shot, if his streak continues and he is really all that. I also think very highly of Chad Dawson, the guy has so much potential.
                  Gamboa would be another good name, but he will be already 34 in 5 years and you just get the feeling that he is a knockout waiting to happen way before that. But until that actually happens, he's one of the most exciting guys out there and a real quality fighter.
                  Others with chances: Abner Mares, Timothy Bradley, Jean Pascal, Robert Guerrero, Adrien Broner, Kell Brook, Victor Ortiz, Carlos Molina (who I don't know enough about, but his resume looks very good already), Hernan Marquez, Rico Ramos, Devon Alexander, Austin Trout, Mike Jones, Mikey Garcia, Juanma Lopez, Grzegorz Proksa, Andre Dirrell, Roman Gonzalez, Kazuto Ioka,...
                  And probably quite a few noone has anywhere near their list right now...

So, in a list, I'd put it like this:
                  1. Khan
                  2. Donaire
                  3. Ward
                  4. Dawson
                  5. Bradley
                  6. Gamboa
                  7. Pascal
                  8. Mares
                  9. Broner
                  10. Hernan Marquez
                  I very much doubt this will be the exact ranking in five years, but these are the guys that I'd like the most as of now.

Comment

Guys like Benavedez and Russell who are still fighting 6 rounders are still going to be prospects in 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post

There are sooooo many good prospects from 160-175 he'll have no shortage of guys to fight. After unifying at 168 and a maybe fighting Martinez, he'll move up and dominate what looks to be a great LHW division in a few years

Ward will be #1 pound for pound in 5 years

Comment

Working...
                      X