Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was never a Calzaghe fan, but I wish he was still fighting so he could murder Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
    this thread pretty much consists of americans saying "lol cokezaghe's a eurobum ward owns him" and brits saying the opposite.

it's way too early to say. as of right now, calzaghe is the tried and tested guy so he's the obvious choice. but i'm not a big calzaghe fan, and i wouldn't be surprised if ward eventually proved himself to be the better fighter.
    pretty much. imagine if prime ward had got a gift decision over a middling contender like jesse brinkley. then imagine people saying that same ward could beat the best fighter in the division today. prime calzaghe couldn't even beat robin reid and now that same guy is beating today's best fighters who are ten times better than robin reid ever was?

oh luckily calzaghe has so many other great fights to fall back on as evidence he would beat them. like............will mcyintyre, tocker pudwill, mario veit, omar sheika, juan carlos giminez ferrari, mger mtchikian, branko sobot, evans ashira, kabary salem. if andre ward racks up 20 bum defenses only then will he be in calzaghe's league.

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
      this thread pretty much consists of americans saying "lol cokezaghe's a eurobum ward owns him" and brits saying the opposite.

it's way too early to say. as of right now, calzaghe is the tried and tested guy so he's the obvious choice. but i'm not a big calzaghe fan, and i wouldn't be surprised if ward eventually proved himself to be the better fighter.
      I'm an American.

Comment

Right now Ward would beat him pretty soundly, back in the day Calzaghe who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaMan! View Post
          Calzaghe is a joke. His resume is ****. He never fought anybody and he'll probably make a claim like. "I called Ward out for his first pro fight and he ducked me" The funny thing is he probably did.
          yea he is a demented liar. he says he called out pavlik like 2 or 3 years before pavlik even fought taylor. so you wanted to make a fight with a middleweight prospect no one had ever heard of? typical calzaghe.

Comment

Of the fighters in the Super Six, Ward would be the toughest matchup. I doubt he would stop him, let alone murder him. I would take Ward if they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              is this the same prime calzaghe who got a gift decision over robin reid? or maybe prime calzaghe is the guy who got nearly ko'd vs kabary salem(bute knocked him out in his next fight)? when was calzaghe prime? when he was picking apart bums that no one heard of?
              You bring up every single name except for the guy who's actually fighting in the tournament. Calzaghe was able to beat a PRIME Kessler without cheating or head-butting.

Ward does not have the ability to win on skills alone and needs a lenient ref to do his dirty work.

Comment

I do like both calzaghe and ward, but i would have to say wards style i think would be difficult for calzaghe to handle,

calzaghe likes his room and likes to move, ward presses forward and ties up, i dont think calzaghe would be able to get off against ward and i think that ward is physically stronger, so it would be a dirty one, but ward would pull it out

Comment

Calzaghe would have beaten Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    Calzaghe would beat Ward, if Ward was 40 yrs old.
                    and after a 12 round ud he'll say he's a legend killer

Comment

Calzaghe wins by 10,000 slaps of Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X