The British fighter(s) you have your eye on for 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The British fighter(s) you have your eye on for 2010

As the title says!

It doesn't have to be up and comers, it could be fighters who are recovering from a loss, those who could get on the P4P list and who could have some big fights.

My picks are Nathan Cleverley, Billy Joe Saunders, Amir Khan, Ricky Hatton and David Haye.

I think Cleverley could get an alphabet belt this year. After he fights Brancalio at the end of this month, I'd like to see him face a Ring ranked LHW top 10, such as Uzelkov, Diaconu or Murat. Presuming he gets past both of those fights, a go at a world title. I'd fancy him to beat Braehmer and Garay, and I think he's go a chance at Pascal or Cloud tbh.

Saunders should kick on and get a Euro belt this year, and I think he's got a great future ahead of him. He's an exciting fighter with speed and it seems a bit of power. He doesn't have too much power though and that makes his fights interesting, him having to use his skills rather than rely on power when things aren't going his way.

It''l be interesting to see who Khan fights next - he seems to have improved under Roach a lot and his defence is a lot tighter than it was. I;d like to see him fight Marquez, Bradley, Holt or Maidana. They can all bang, especially Maidana, so i'd like to see how Khan would cope with those fighters. I think he'd outbos and outpoint Maidana, lose to a majority decision with Marquez, decision Holt and lose to Bradley, not sure the way though.

With Hatton, I'd like to see him quit, but saying that, there's nothing like the day of a Hatton fight. I think a good fight for him would be Katsidis, who could move up from LW, and if he wins that, a rematch with Malignaggi.

I want Haye to fight the Klits, like everyone does, and I definitely think he'd beat Wlad by KO, but not so sure about Vitali. Saying that, if Vitali can be taken to a decision with Kevin Johnson I see no reason why Haye can't otubox him to one.

So let me know what you think!

Amir khan and David Haye

Comment

No Kell Brook?

Comment

Love the way Billy Joe fight ..i like his style...and i think hes got the best British trainer !

Comment

I think Kevin Mitchell is the one to watch

Comment

Kell Brook and George Groves.

Brook should be a lot more established in 12 months time. Groves will still be a prospect for the next 2 years, I'd imagine, but I look forward to seeing how he develops.

I'm a big Froch fan. Looking forward to him vs Kessler. I can't see him beating AA, sadly.
            Haye...meh. I think him talking so big on more than one occassion and then failing to live up to his own words has put me off. I'll be interested in him vs Wlad, but I'm not much of a fan as things stand.
            Khan is a good boxer, but him avoiding Maidana is hard to support. Hopefully he takes that fight and wins it, but if he doesn't I'll be dissapointed.

Comment

I think clevery will be euro champ soon.

Comment

Kell Brook and Darren Barker.

Frank Warren needs to get Brook into 4-5 fights this year. He wasn't active enough in 09. Time to move him along now.

Barker should step up to European level and there's hopefully an outside chance of a world title chance at the back end of 2010. If that doesn't happen, i'd settle for the fight with Matthew Macklin.

Comment

Obviously Haye, Khan and Hatton (if he returns), but I'm gonna keep my eye on Kell Brook, only caught his last few fights and i really like the look of him.
                  Like watching Tyson Fury and hope Ryan Rhodes can get a world title shot.

Comment

Haye, Khan, both Hatton, Kell Brook, this black muslim dude who thinks he's RJJ and Tyson Fury just to see him gettin his overrated ass exposed.

Comment

Working...
                    X