No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Many Entrants in Canelo Sweepstakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Many Entrants in Canelo Sweepstakes

by David P. Greisman - They have dates without dates — dance cards without dance partners.

Floyd Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez have many suitors, people who want the biggest opportunities to make a name and make money. It’s up to Mayweather, Alvarez and their respective teams to sort through those suitors and decide who’s suitable.

Mayweather may end up facing Amir Khan on May 3, though no official announcement has been made. The lobbying and negotiating for Mayweather’s next fight is largely going on behind the scenes.

Alvarez, however, has an ever-growing group of candidates nominating themselves, what with the junior-middleweight division looking forward toward Canelo’s future and hoping that this star will align with them.

They know that Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao likely will depart this sport the coming years, that Mayweather and Pacquiao being the two biggest domestic pay-per-view attractions actually means there is a limited number of opponents who can help make a show lucrative.

They know that Alvarez and Adrien Broner are being groomed to inherit the pay-per-view empire, and that boxing fans are being trained to accept the fact that they will soon need to spend more in order to see Alvarez and Broner perform. [Click Here To Read More]

I just don't understand how Manny is considered a ppv attraction after going 1-2and ssuffering that brutal KO at the hands of Marquez. A guy everyone knows beat him each time they fought. Every time Floyd's name is mention they throw Manny in there like he's been lighting up the sport and he hasn't. The guy couldn't sell 500k his last fight and Floyd does those numbers just for a weight in. Every since the test issue was exposed Manny hasn't done anything but run and make excuses. People has his back though and mske demands like " The wjnner shoukd get in he hightest purse if they fight". What kind of fool comes up with a negotiation strategy like that? No where in ths history of boxing has a contract been agreed upon or even brought up except in Floyd's case. The man is undefeated but ths haters hold him to a different standards in stead of demanding their hero do what everyone else with winning records do. It just boggles the mind the loyalty people have for an obvious cheater. ......

Comment

Originally posted by oneon11 View Post
      I just don't understand how Manny is considered a ppv attraction after going 1-2and ssuffering that brutal KO at the hands of Marquez. A guy everyone knows beat him each time they fought. Every time Floyd's name is mention they throw Manny in there like he's been lighting up the sport and he hasn't. The guy couldn't sell 500k his last fight and Floyd does those numbers just for a weight in. Every since the test issue was exposed Manny hasn't done anything but run and make excuses. People has his back though and mske demands like " The wjnner shoukd get in he hightest purse if they fight". What kind of fool comes up with a negotiation strategy like that? No where in ths history of boxing has a contract been agreed upon or even brought up except in Floyd's case. The man is undefeated but ths haters hold him to a different standards in stead of demanding their hero do what everyone else with winning records do. It just boggles the mind the loyalty people have for an obvious cheater. ......
      Hahaha, hilarious.

Comment

So. FOTY candidates:

Timmeh
        DSG
        FMJ
        GGG
        Krusher.

to which

'donis may be added.

Hmm.

Sergei for me.

Comment

How did they leave Adonis Stevenson out of their FOTY shortlist?

W Boone KO 6 (avenged defeat)
          W Dawson KO 1 (Ring champ)
          W Cloud KO 6 (WBC champ)
          W Bellew KO 7 (Ring #5)

all inside nine months.

Comment

No mention of Ortiz as a potential Alvarez opponent? It would be a quick turnaround from the Collazo fight but you suspect Victor would accept.

Comment

Alvarez would ko Kirkland from what I saw from the punches Tapia was hitting him with He claimed he was running 8 miles every day, didn't seem it 2 me breathing heavy, of course it was a hard fight for a while, but hands down like that , Saul would have him b4 #7...if he wasn't a real WW, I like Thurman 2 beat Alvarez...

Comment

alvarez will ko kirland??????hahaha ha what you be smoking lately haha nycsmooth ????alvarez don't stand a chance againts kirland....do the math?tapia 23 years old!! stronger than canelo beat up by kirkland and send to the hospital
                Last edited by PETUFF; 12-09-2013, 07:11 AM.

Comment

kirland vs canelo nextttttt

Comment

I think he may very well opt for ........Angulo! It will not be Lara. Angulo/Canelo sells like crack on the 1st and 15th.

Comment

Working...
                    X