No announcement yet.

Which Ref has the best introduction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Ref has the best introduction?

This is strictly just about when the ref talks to the fighters right before they go to their respective corners. This is not about how a ref does their job.
    In my opinion I'ma have to go with Robert Byrd. This guys just has the old school referee vibe (probably cause he is old) but just the way he talks to the fighters before they fight pumps me up.
    "Gentleman i spoke to you in the dressing room about the rules but now im gonna remind you of a few things. When i say "stop" stop whatever it is your doing give me a clean break. Protect yourself at all times. Obey my commands at all times. You're both professionals. I expect you to conduct yourself that way. Mr. Bradley. Mr. Marquez. Lets do this!

One of the best. None of that weakass "touch gloves" bs.

Which ref gets you guys pumped up?

its a shame that does not translate into byrds actual refereeing.

look at fights like Hopkins-winky and most recently ward vs kovalev, he is not authoritative at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      I'ma have to go with Robert Byrd.
      I'll have to go with Byrd. I never pay much attention to the ref into but during Ward v Kov I notices how classy his intro was and even my wife was like, "Wow, why don't other refs give cool speeches like that?"

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        its a shame that does not translate into byrds actual refereeing.

look at fights like Hopkins-winky and most recently ward vs kovalev, he is not authoritative at all.
        gotta agree with you on that. Probably why he doesnt get much big fight gigs unfortunately

Comment

I always remember Joe Cooper in the Khan Vs Peterson fight.

''SHAKE HAAANDS. LET'S THROW SOME THUNDER !''

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            I always remember Joe Cooper in the Khan Vs Peterson fight.

''SHAKE HAAANDS. LET'S THROW SOME THUNDER !''

haha at the start when he starts talking it almost sounds like jibberish. But those two lines make up for it lol

I also like the bald headed white guy. i forgot his name but he did a tyson fight. Cant remember which one

Comment

Working...
            X