No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Says Mayweather Offered a $40 Million Flat Fee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    Cause accepting $10 mill when you can potentially make much more is ****ing stupid? Are you slow?
    Larry is a very primitive man, he cant think further than to his desk, but he isnt even the dumbest here on this forum.The reasonable, intelligent posters either left or only show up only once in a while. Most of whats left is scum like Larry.

Comment

• To be honest I dont even think Canelo-GGG hits 1 mill PPV buys. If it does, it wont be well over 1 mill. Its not a super fight. IT is for us real boxing fan but the casual wont be as much excited as we would be. I think 10 mill is not that much of a bad offer. If they can negociate it with a % on PPV buys I think it would be a good deal for GGG. Once he beats Canelo, his value rises up.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
        Cause accepting $10 mill when you can potentially make much more is ****ing stupid? Are you slow?

You know how much money Pac would have lost if he accepted a flat fee?
        Floyd and manny fought in the biggest and richest fight ever. How much money is gg waiting to get offered? 20 mil? Canelo didn't even get 10 vs cotto. This isn't a 2 mil ppv buys fight

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Floyd and manny fought in the biggest and richest fight ever. How much money is gg waiting to get offered? 20 mil? Canelo didn't even get 10 vs cotto. This isn't a 2 mil ppv buys fight
          Whether it sells well or not, a % split makes the most sense in a fight like this. We really dont know how big the fight could be once the promotion starts.

I dont think looking at previous ppv sales works because as an event and a brand 'GGG vs Canelo' is bigger than the sum of its parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by don larryx View Post
            Manny is an ATG with a HUUGE FANBASE..He had sold million on ppv and was a huge ppv star..GGG has literally done nothing
            You weren't saying that from 2010-2014. All you said was "floyd is the a side. He dictates the terms. Manny needs to accept what hes offered because he won't get more than 40 million."

Comment

• Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
              You weren't saying that from 2010-2014. All you said was "floyd is the a side. He dictates the terms. Manny needs to accept what hes offered because he won't get more than 40 million."
              Manny did not even try to negotiate then he just handed the phone to Konz............but im a man and can say i was proven wrong but that has 0 to do with GGG who is 34 with 0 big names on his resume and no big fights lined up at all...I seriously hope the fight is made but GGG's team seems to be unwilling to bend for anyone worth a damn

Comment

Manny did not even try to negotiate then he just handed the phone to Konz............but im a man and can say i was proven wrong but that has 0 to do with GGG who is 34 with 0 big names on his resume and no big fights lined up at all...I seriously hope the fight is made but GGG's team seems to be unwilling to bend for anyone worth a damn
                When one is part of the reasons why people want to see a fight, in this case, GGG, you don't take a flat fee. Taking a flat fee is not bending, its taking it in the azz, like the Liam Smiths and any other unknown who is solely picked to be a lamb for slaughter. People wouldn't be watching Canelo vs Golovkin to see Canelo simply outshine someone, people would be tuning in to him fight the best middleweight in the world who happens to be the best knockout artist today. Stop acting like GGG is just some cuck picked off the streets to showcase canelo. You're too old to be acting like a child.

Comment

im a man and can say i was proven wrong
                  That's good, admitting you you were wrong. If you were Manny's business adviser, you would have cost him $110m. But the key thing is to also learn a lesson from being so woefully wrong - which you curiously don't see to, if you keep saying:

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                  but that has 0 to do with GGG
                  No, it doesn't. You can make a direct analogy between Floyd-Pac and Canelo-GGG, it's just different scales. The basic principle is the same - GGG would be stupid to tale the same advice you gave to Pac - to take $40m flat, when he's one of the reasons the fight would be huge. You are making the same mistake again Larry. You know why? Cos you're not thinking objectively. You b*tch about Golovkin all day wrong.

GGG who is 34 with 0 big names
                  Kinda hard to have big names when nearly every single opponent prices themselves out because they want retirement money. Name me one fight other than Ward, for a short window when he was still at 168, that would be a big fight that Team GGG could have taken. Meanwhile, Canelo/Cotto/Chavez/Froch/Martinez/Quillin/ Jacobs all passed up the chance to fight him.

no big fights lined up at all...
                  GGG is whooping ass, making great money, closing in on the MW record. He is doing fine, don't worry.

GGG's team seems to be unwilling to bend for anyone worth a damn
                  Of course, Larry. You want them to bend over and take it - whether it's the short end with Canelo, or to overpay Jacobs. It is curious how in both instances, you want GGG's Team to make concessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by cal202 View Post
                    who gives a crap what he was used to making? 40m was a joke offer
                    At the time the fight was not expected to make more than $100m for Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X