Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Tyson Fury "Expose" Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Fury EXPOSED Wlad....I mean, a 39 year old sure shot HOFer can't be exposed...only defeated and Fury did just that....nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      I don't think Fury EXPOSED Wlad....I mean, a 39 year old sure shot HOFer can't be exposed...only defeated and Fury did just that....nothing more
      Wladimir's not shot, he showed in the 12th round that he could still connect and had speed. In that round Fury had slowed down a little but mainly it was because he was having trouble with his ripped boxing trunks.

He spent nearly the whole round trying to pull up his trunks which gave Wlad the opportunity to demonstrate that he still had the same speed and power, he just couldn't deal with Fury when he was concentrating on the task at hand because Fury's skillset was too good to deal with, hence a superior skillset "exposed" the limitations of the inferior skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He let others know how clearly Wlad telegraphs his leaping left hook.

People were trying to tell me he doesn't telegraph it when he couldn't miss Pulev with it.

Only difference was that Pulev's Defense is terrible and Fury's isn't. He was clearly telegraphing it against Pulev just as he was last night.
        Except he had success with that same left hook in the 12 round. He didn't throw it until then.

Comment

'Expose' needs to join the NSB banned words list.

Comment

Wlad is just old and past it. He showed that in his fight against Jennings, but Fury was able to fully capitalize on it. I still believe that he wouldn't be able to hang with the Wladimir from a few years ago.

Comment

A man with numerous world title defences and a legacy as an almost decade long champ doesn't get exposed.

he just got beaten at his own game.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                I don't think Fury exposed anything we didn't already know about Wlad
                dfuq are you talking about.

Of course Wlad got exposed, look at the comments before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He let others know how clearly Wlad telegraphs his leaping left hook.

People were trying to tell me he doesn't telegraph it when he couldn't miss Pulev with it.

Only difference was that Pulev's Defense is terrible and Fury's isn't. He was clearly telegraphing it against Pulev just as he was last night.
                  He told it at the first presser didn't he. In that hilarious interview where he was mocking Pulev. It was exactly true.

Now, he exposed Wlad in terms of Wlad not being able to adjust. And in my opinion that's what seperates great great fighters like a Mayweather or Ridondeaux or Ward (current fighters) to Wladimir Klitschko.

Which is also why I laughed when people called him P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Agreed. He was just the first fighter with the size and skill set to take full advantage. Jennings showed many of the same flaws but didn't have the skill set.
                    Isn't that getting exposed for your limitations?

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                      Wlad is just old and past it. He showed that in his fight against Jennings, but Fury was able to fully capitalize on it. I still believe that he wouldn't be able to hang with the Wladimir from a few years ago.
                      Jennings is a skilled boxer too, like Fury. I think that just goes further to prove the point. Even Tony Thompson showed certain skills at times which befuddled Wladimir in the first fight back in '08 - not consistently but at times. The difference with Fury though is that he's bigger and stronger than Jennings and younger and fitter than Thompson. He put the skills, size, speed and youth together (for the first time Wladimir ever had to face that combination) and Wladimir just didn't have the skillset to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X