No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo, Young Olympian is Heading To Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo, Young Olympian is Heading To Top Rank

According to multiple sources, Puerto Rican Olympian Felix Verdejo is turning pro - and the 19-year-old amateur star has made a decision to sign a promotional agreement with Top Rank.

Verdejo was being pursued for the last few weeks by Top Rank, Golden Boy Promotions and Gary Shaw. And although Golden Boy made a tempting offer, according to souces close to the fighter, he ultimately chose Top Rank, who groomed some of the top Puetro Rican stars of the last decade - including Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez and Ivan Calderon.

[Click Here To Read More]

I like this kid. I think Top Rank will do a good job with him.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM.

I was impressed with him during the Olympics. Let's see how his career plays out.

Comment

Comment

I am guessing he makes his debut on the Pacquiao-Marquez IV undercard.

Comment

thanks for posting dude. i remember seeing this kid in the olympics and was impressed.

Félix Verdejo firmará con Top Rank
          Félix Verdejo se convertirá mañana, lunes, en la nueva adquisición de la empresa promotora Top Rank cuando estampe su firma en un contrato que dará por oficial su salto al profesionalismo. (Archivo)
          domingo, 7 de octubre de 2012
          06:12 p.m.
          Primerahora.com

El púgil olímpico Félix Verdejo se convertirá mañana, lunes, en la nueva adquisición de la empresa promotora Top Rank cuando estampe su firma en un contrato que dará por oficial su salto al profesionalismo.

Verdejo, quien por las pasadas semanas había sido interesado tanto por Top Rank como por Golden Boy Promotions, finalmente decidió unirse a la empresa que fundó el reconocido promotor Bob Arum para probar suerte en el boxeo rentado.

Tanto Todd DuBoef, presidente de Top Rank como Carl Moretti, vicepresidente de la empresa estarán junto a Verdejo cuando haga público su salto al profesionalismo.

Desde el principio, tanto Top Rank como Golden Boy Promotions y Gary Shaw Promotions mostraron interés en el Boricua. Hace unos días, la empresa que dirige Oscar de la Hoya ofreció una tentadora oferta, pero al final, el ex olímpico optó por Top Rank, empresa que ha auspiciado a algunos de los principales campeones boricuas de los últimos tiempos como Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel “Juanma” López e Iván Calderón, entre otros.

Se espera que el joven púgil, de tan solo 19 años, reciba una de las bonificaciones más altas para un púgil boricua en la historia, aunque no se ha confirmado el monto total. Verdejo tuvo una destacada actuación durante los pasados Juegos Olímpicos en Londres. El boricua estuvo a ley de una victoria para asegurar al menos una medalla de bronce.

In English

Felix Verdejo signed with Top Rank
          Felix Verdejo will become tomorrow, Monday, in the new acquisition of promoter Top Rank when his signature on a contract that will by its official leap to professionalism. (Archive)
          Sunday, October 7, 2012
          6:12 p.m.
          Primerahora.com

The Olympic boxer Felix Verdejo will become tomorrow, Monday, in the new acquisition of promoter Top Rank when his signature on a contract that will by its official leap to professionalism.

Verdejo, who for the past few weeks had been interested both Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions for finally decided to join the company that founded the renowned promoter Bob Arum to try his luck in the fight game.

Both Todd DuBoef, as president of Top Rank's Carl Moretti, vice president of the company will be with Verdejo when making public his leap to professionalism.

From the beginning, both Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions and Gary Shaw Promotions showed interest in the Boricua. A few days ago, the company that runs Oscar de la Hoya offered a tempting offer, but ultimately chose the former Olympian Top Rank company that has sponsored some of the main champions of recent times boricuas as Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez and Ivan Calderon, among others.

It is hoped that the young boxer, just 19 years, received one of the highest bonuses for a Puerto Rican boxer in history, but has not confirmed the total. Verdejo had an outstanding performance during the Olympic Games in London. The Puerto Rican law was a victory to secure at least a bronze medal.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            http://m.primerahora.com/felixverdej...nk-707152.html

I like this kid. I think Top Rank will do a good job with him.
            as long as he doesnt let success get to his head like some of these other PR fighters I think he will be fine. Not all of them but some of them. I know they are my peeps but you got to keep it real. Juanma is a perfect example of letting success get to his head.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
              as long as he doesnt let success get to his head like some of these other PR fighters I think he will be fine. Not all of them but some of them. I know they are my peeps but you got to keep it real. Juanma is a perfect example of letting success get to his head.
              Verdejo seems more like the Cotto type. People can say all they want about Cotto but not once has he changed. He's always been the same guy and he didn't change for anyone.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo, Young Olympian is Heading To Top Rank

According to multiple source, Puerto Rican Olympian Felix Verdejo is turning pro - and the 19-year-old amateur star has made a decision to sign a promotional agreement with Top Rank.

Verdejo was being pursued for the last few weeks by Top Rank, Golden Boy Promotions and Gary Shaw. And although Golden Boy made a tempting offer, according to souces close to the fighter, he ultimately chose Top Rank, who groomed some of the top Puetro Rican stars of the last decade - including Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez and Ivan Calderon. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

once he faces a mexican or even argentinian boxer it is career over

Comment

animalistic meth beating boxingscene to the punch they just posted it

Comment

Working...
                    X