No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy's CEO on HBO's Decision To End Relationship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    It's every promoters wish to have a monopoly, that's the way that business works. Arum won the battle between him and King and now GB is trying to push Arum out.

The bottom line is, a monopoly would be good for boxing, look what it's done for the UFC. Since promoters don't want to work with each other and in recent history it seems GB has been more willing to work with TR and been refused, can you blame them?

I want to see the best fights and if that means they are all coming from one stable, what do I care?
    indeed one of the rare times that it is good for the consumers...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      It's every promoters wish to have a monopoly, that's the way that business works. Arum won the battle between him and King and now GB is trying to push Arum out.

The bottom line is, a monopoly would be good for boxing, look what it's done for the UFC. Since promoters don't want to work with each other and in recent history it seems GB has been more willing to work with TR and been refused, can you blame them?

I want to see the best fights and if that means they are all coming from one stable, what do I care?
      A UFC model would NOT be good for boxing!

Comment

HAHA! some calling GBP the worst when they have been putting on the best cards lately. Nothing bad said by Schaeffer as he wished them well. I do think they have the best stable and cards so if Showtime is willing to work with that then so be it. I also agree with another poster that who cares if GBP gets a monoply as long as good fights keep coming out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          A UFC model would NOT be good for boxing!
          Agreed. And it will never happen which is a good thing.

Comment

Game if Thrones is about to start, no way I'd do that.

Besides I have Comcast and on the west coast where i live, they don't air Showtime boxing live, its delayed three hours. Dumbest sht ever.
            ATT shows it live.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Golden Boy is now being exposed as being the worst promoter in boxing, Bob Arum is not the guy he is just the easy guy to point a finger at.

Golden Boy is disgusting and have this monopoly agenda. Richard Shaeffer is sleazy, he and al haymon are killing the sport they are taking control of it.

All they do is point the finger at Arum so idiots believe Arum is the bad guy when in reality it was on Golden Boy to reach out to the old man, they backstabbed him twice already so you think he is going to forgive easily and do business with Oscar and Richard again?
              Bob ARUM was penalized $125,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 1995 for a bribe to get one of his fights sanctioned.

On the first week of January 2004, FBI agents raided Arum's Top Rank office in Las Vegas. Arum was on vacation when his office was raided, and the FBI originally declined to comment on the raid.

in 2000 bob arum admitted during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters.

you got any other nice things to say about arum??

so who is the bad guy here golden boy or top rank??

Comment

Game if Thrones is about to start, no way I'd do that.

Besides I have Comcast and on the west coast where i live, they don't air Showtime boxing live, its delayed three hours. Dumbest sht ever.
                They show the boxing live for me on Showtime Extreme in Cali, but I know some people who live in washington and Oregon have complained about not getting to see the fights live.

Comment

HBO better not let Arum do whatever the hell he wants now that he's basically their main source of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    ATT shows it live.
                    Comcast is ******ed. I used to have dish network which was cheaper and didn't have this problem but I moved.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      They show the boxing live for me on Showtime Extreme in Cali, but I know some people who live in washington and Oregon have complained about not getting to see the fights live.
                      I guess its just the north west then. Makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X