Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Plans Arum Meeting To Finalize Martinez Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Plans Arum Meeting To Finalize Martinez Bout

WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chávez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) revealed to BoxingScene.com that it is very likely that sometime next week he will sit down with promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank to finalize the details of his fall HBO pay-per-view defense against Sergio Martínez (49-2-2, 28KOs), targeted for September 15 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Drug testing, ring size and glove size I bet

Comment

The fights not finalized yet what a surprise

Comment

this guy is like gollum with his urine.

they'll never get there hands on my 'precious!

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
          The fights not finalized yet what a surprise
          Nevada regulations mandate the same ring size for all fights. There are no negotiations to change the ring size.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Nevada regulations mandate the same ring size for all fights. There are no negotiations to change the ring size.
            Probably meant for me... but that's good to know.
            I lol at this not being finalized though... i've heard it three seperate times that it was finalized.

Twitter, facebook (I know, not reliable sources) and the WBC website

Comment

Aw sh-t. Last time Chavez Jr fought in Las Vegas he was caught using PED's in 2009.

Comment

Chavez has fought in Texas his last three fights. Obviously alot of special treatment went on in those fights. It's going to be interesting to see how Chavez looks in this fight, without the comfort of the corrupted Texas Commission. "Forgetting" to test his urine, giving him a small ring size, 4oz gloves, etc. Everything is supposed to be big in Texas but not when it comes to Jr's gloves or ring size.

Comment

here we go...

i hope this fight happens... i'll be rooting for the heavy underdog, chavez jr...

Comment

Is Arum ready to let Jr swim in the deep pool with no floaties? We'll find out soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X