No announcement yet.

Worst chins in heavyweight history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst chins in heavyweight history?

I can think of a couple,but most who know of me by now already know my picks.

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
    Dylan!
    Dylan!
    Dylan!
    Dylan!
    Dylan!

because i spit hot fiya!

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
      John Tate
      Gerry Cooney
      Lennox Lewis
      Carl Williams
      Marvis Frazier

Comment

1) Michael Moorer
        2) Wladimir Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
          Dylan!
          Dylan!
          Dylan!
          Dylan!
          Dylan!

because i spit hot fiya!

Reported for racism.

Comment

Well Jack Johnson was knocked out by middleweight Joe Choynski and unskilled brawler John (Klon***e) Haines early in his career, so I don't think his chin was exactly granite. But he was able to develop a John Ruiz (another less than sturdy chin) style stifling, smothering defense that served him well the rest of his career.

The usual suspects, Floyd Patterson, Wladimir Klitschko, Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, etc.

Comment

Wlad
              patterson

Comment

Wlad and Patterson are good picks as far as champions go. Guys like John Tate and Bruno have a chinny label, but I believe it was more of a conditioning issue. Guys that get knocked out only in the later rounds but seem to have a good chin early in a bout can usually blame poor training habits.
                I think guys like Moorer and Marvis Frazier(probably like Patterson) were fighting bigger guys and always had that disadvantage.

I'm suprised people haven't named the bums in the sport here, there are guys that lost all their fights by knockout. There are guys that been stopped 40+ times.
                Last edited by TBear; 03-18-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Tommy Morrison
                  Frank Bruno
                  Bruce Seldon
                  mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Wlad and Patterson are good picks as far as champions go. Guys like John Tate and Bruno have a chinny label, but I believe it was more of a conditioning issue. Guys that get knocked out only in the later rounds but seem to have a good chin early in a bout can usually blame poor training habits.
                    I think guys like Moorer and Marvis Frazier(probably like Patterson) were fighting bigger guys and always had that disadvantage.

I'm suprised people haven't named the bums in the sport here, there are guys that lost all their fights by knockout. There are guys that been stopped 40+ times.
                    Some bums have no skills or defense, they would be to many unknown. The name fighters had skills and defense(and punching power) which took them further

Comment

Working...
                    X