Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shumenov Reacts To Kovalev: If You Want Me, Just Ask!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shumenov Reacts To Kovalev: If You Want Me, Just Ask!

WBA light heavyweight champion Beibut Shumenov has responded to some recent critical comments from Sergey Kovalev, the WBO's champion at 175-pounds.

Last month, Kovalev (23-0-1, 21KOs) took a direct shot at Shumenov (14-1, 9KOs), as the Russian puncher voiced his disgust with World Boxing Association's decision to make Shumenov a "super champion" at light heavyweight.

The WBA is taking a lot of heat from the press, and the fans, because the organization is creating a huge mess with multiple champions in each weight division. Juergan Braehmer has since captured the WBA's "regular" version of the title at 175, which now creates more confusion with two boxers claiming to be the "WBA champion" at the weight. Middleweight Gennady Golovkin was another fighter who was recently given this "super champion" status, with Martin Murray and Jarrod Fletcher fighting for the old WBA title in February.

[Click Here To Read More]

Kovalev v Shumenov on NBC? Possibly the only way it gets done. Shumenov probably won't have a title later in the year though. Can see Kovalev still fighting him anyway.

Comment

If Shumenov beat Hopkins and Kovalev Stevenson isn't made for some reason, this would still be a great match up. Kovalev is with main events right? So theoretically he could fight on showtime, but it seems hes happy with the expose he's getting on hbo right now and I don't blame him.

Comment

Bernard really seemed to want to fight this guy ,he must see something. I wouldnt mind seeing either of these fights thou. Only because Bernard looked pretty good his last time out.

Comment

Schaefer told Shumenov that he will fight Kovalev after he fights B-Hop...
          Therefore, after grandpa wins this one they would be ready to give the leftovers to Kov...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Schaefer told Shumenov that he will fight Kovalev after he fights B-Hop...
            Therefore, after grandpa wins this one they would be ready to give the leftovers to Kov...
            They only want him for Bhop to take his belt lol

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
              Bernard really seemed to want to fight this guy ,he must see something. I wouldnt mind seeing either of these fights thou. Only because Bernard looked pretty good his last time out.
              His world title.

Comment

No ****.

Comment

The headlines just made Shumenov sound...well...nevermind...

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

No ****.
                    Yes: Kovalev is ducking Shumenov, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X