Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson's 'sex addiction prevented him from being the GOAT'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted that he just wasn't the greatest of all time. Period. He had some quit in him and it showed when he crawled around looking for his mouth piece instead of standing up to beat the count against Douglas. It showed again when he deliberately fowled out against Hollyfield instead of trying to win. It showed again when he stayed down instead of getting up in his fight with Lewis. He had a bully's mentality and he was a front runner. He was a great fighter but he lacked the mental toughness to be the greatest in or out of the ring. I don't think there are any come from behind wins on his record.

Comment

Excuses are like armpits, everyone has two and they all stink. Tyson was a bully who looked great when matched up against tomato cans and scared fighters, but always fell short against great fighters who weren't afraid to punch him back.

Tyson came along at the right time when the division was at its weakest. He was literally handed the title when he beat a hopeless Berbick and an old Holmes who took the fight on a few weeks notice. His biggest win in his entire career was a scared blown up cruiserweight in Spinks. Who else did he beat?

Tyson didn't lose to Doulas because he was having too much sex. That is a ridiculous and pathetic excuse. Most boxers have one kind of addiction or anther, and they fight through it. And don't tell me tyson was "past his prime" at 23 years old, lol.

No, Tyson lost because Buster Douglas was not afraid of him, and punched back at him. Same with Holyfield, Holyfield wasn't afraid of him, and punched back at him, and knocked his a$$ out.

When you stand up to a bully he backs the Fk down. Or he'll bite you in the ear to run away from you. Tyson was a coward and a bully who NEVER had what it took to be great. Stop making excuses for him, tyson was a grown a$$ man and he is responsible for his own decisions and failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Rad Dong View Post
        Excuses are like armpits, everyone has two and they all stink. Tyson was a bully who looked great when matched up against tomato cans and scared fighters, but always fell short against great fighters who weren't afraid to punch him back.

Tyson came along at the right time when the division was at its weakest. He was literally handed the title when he beat a hopeless Berbick and an old Holmes who took the fight on a few weeks notice. His biggest win in his entire career was a scared blown up cruiserweight in Spinks. Who else did he beat?

Tyson didn't lose to Doulas because he was having too much sex. That is a ridiculous and pathetic excuse. Most boxers have one kind of addiction or anther, and they fight through it. And don't tell me tyson was "past his prime" at 23 years old, lol.

No, Tyson lost because Buster Douglas was not afraid of him, and punched back at him. Same with Holyfield, Holyfield wasn't afraid of him, and punched back at him, and knocked his a$$ out.

When you stand up to a bully he backs the Fk down. Or he'll bite you in the ear to run away from you. Tyson was a coward and a bully who NEVER had what it took to be great. Stop making excuses for him, tyson was a grown a$$ man and he is responsible for his own decisions and failure.
        ummmmmmm, that's ridiculous lol

Comment

He may not have even been close to GOAT status in boxing but he's pretty damn close to the greatest all time entertaining fighter.. in and outside the ring! He's just all around entertaining & hilarious. "I'll fuck you til u luv me faggot!", "I wish yall had kids so I could kick em in the head and stomp on their testicles!" "I want to fight a FKN GORILLA!" Still fkn hilarious to this day, and he embraces it!! IRON MIKE IS THE MAN.

Comment

Don King was Tyson's downfall.

Comment

Not only is Tyson not the GOAT, he doesn't even deserve to be in the boxing hall of fame. Any man who would bite an opponent to save himself from getting knocked out is a COWARD, and doesn't deserve to be called a fighter. There are kids in my gym who have more heart than Tyson.

And don't tell me Holyfield was head butting him, replay clearly shows that Tyson initiated most of the headbutts in BOTH fights. He even tried to break evanders arm. No, tyson bit his ear because he knew Holyfield was a better fighter than him and was going to whoop him again. So he PLANNED to bite Holyfield's ear even before the 3rd round started. Tyson has all of you fooled.

Holyfield would have beat Tyson regardless of when they fought. Evander was simply the better fighter, Tyson was a one dimensional bully and cannot fight when being pushed backwards. In fact, Holyfield used to beat Tyson's a$$ in sparring when they were still amateurs. Because Holyfield was a man with character and was afraid of no one.

Cus would have been ashamed of him. But Teddy always saw through Tyson, and knew that he had no inner character.
              Last edited by Japanese Badass; 02-09-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I want that to be my "reason" for personal failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Rad Dong View Post
                  Not only is Tyson not the GOAT, he doesn't even deserve to be in the boxing hall of fame. Any man who would bite an opponent to save himself from getting knocked out is a COWARD, and doesn't deserve to be called a fighter. There are kids in my gym who have more heart than Tyson.

And don't tell me Holyfield was head butting him, replay clearly shows that Tyson initiated most of the headbutts in BOTH fights. He even tried to break evanders arm. No, tyson bit his ear because he knew Holyfield was a better fighter than him and was going to whoop him again. So he PLANNED to bite Holyfield's ear even before the 3rd round started. Tyson has all of you fooled.

Holyfield would have beat Tyson regardless of when they fought. Evander was simply the better fighter, Tyson was a one dimensional bully and cannot fight when being pushed backwards. In fact, Holyfield used to beat Tyson's a$$ in sparring when they were still amateurs. Because Holyfield was a man with character and was afraid of no one.

Cus would have been ashamed of him. But Teddy always saw through Tyson, and knew that he had no inner character.
                  interesting points.....

Comment

I agree with all the criticisms of Tyson inside the ring and out. He never came from behind to win; he's a thug, he's crazy. But at his best in 87/88 he was as good as anyone ever was. I just can't get around that. Put THAT guy in the ring against anyone and he's a force. He hit too accurately, and moved too fast and too well not be considered at the same level as Ali and anyone else you want to add. Would he have beat everyone? Probably not...no single fighter would beat everybody.

I don't think his "sex addiction" (also known as being a non-elderly male) had the slightest relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
                      ridiculous, Wilt Chamberlain wasnt affected with his romps. Bob Arum had an orgy in Manila and became the greatest promoter of all time.

dude wasnt good enough
                      you actually believe that a man who died childless, alone, unmarried, and was never seen off the court with a female by any of his teammates (according to bill simmons book of basketball) slept with 20,000 women?

people are so gullible.

Comment

Working...
                      X