Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it comes to weight classes, looks are deceiving.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to weight classes, looks are deceiving.

Listen yall, just because a fighter looks all muscled it doesn't mean that he's 'the bigger guy'. Case in point, Maidana/Broner. Broner is bulked up to make 147, all that soft tissue aka muscle is needed for him to make the weight, Maidana is a skin and bone 147lber, he makes the weight through his natural frame, aka his bone structure. Also Berto too, Berto would be better off if he fought at 140, anyone who can afford to have all that muscle on their frame to make 147 needs to move down.

I'm not 100% that Broner's power will carry well into 147, I still think he hits hard but it won't be as vicious as when he was at 135 as he doesn't have that functional weight advantage.

Keep It Objective/Keep It Impartial/True Alpha Male, another ALT?

Comment

No crap, that's why he fought Paulie.

It's sad when a guy like Guerrero can move up and get a chance to fight the P4P #1 fighter in boxing.

That's how sad this era is.

Comment

berto started at 154

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Keep It Objective/Keep It Impartial/True Alpha Male, another ALT?
          What does ALT mean? And your lucky your boy don't gotta take dat test. Hope he gets whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by Calm down mate View Post
            What does ALT mean? And your lucky your boy don't gotta take dat test. Hope he gets whooped.
            By Rodriguez? Keep dreaming.

Comment

Maidana is going to be the bigger man in that ring. He's also going to be the bigger puncher. I don't know how long Broner will be able to do his Mayweather impression before he starts getting tagged by Maidana with some serious power shots.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                berto started at 154
                Tru dat, but it doesn't mean it would be his best weight class. His frame is best suited for 140. This is why fighters avoid weights, because it messes with their 'weight' ie makes them gain weight, depending on genetics, some people tend to gain a lot of weight when lifting as their body responds to weight lifting very well. This is why fighters should exclusively train for 'strength' i.e when lifting, low reps, high weight.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  By Rodriguez? Keep dreaming.
                  Probably not holmes, but I dislike Ward so I hope he loses

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                    Maidana is going to be the bigger man in that ring. He's also going to be the bigger puncher. I don't know how long Broner will be able to do his Mayweather impression before he starts getting tagged by Maidana with some serious power shots.
                    Maidana has a good chance at the upset but he must not underestimate Broner's speed and power. He needs to focus on high volume punching and sticking the jab out to set up that monstrous straight right that he has. Broner looks in poor condition, this might be his wake up call where he gets WorldStar'd.

Comment

Working...
                    X