No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: I Knew I Could Beat Him With One Hand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: I Knew I Could Beat Him With One Hand

Devon Alexander said hurting his left hand in the first round of his fight with Lee Purdy changed his game plan but didn’t get in the way of him going on to win by seventh-round technical knockout. Purdy’s corner stopped the bout before the eighth round began.

“I hurt my left hand, I mean bad, but I had to throw that out of my head,” Alexander said at the post-fight press conference. “I’m a warrior. I knew I could beat him with one hand if I could, so that’s what I did.”

Alexander said that he and trainer Kevin Cunningham had planned for Purdy’s style of coming forwad.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Because it's all he's got. he's right handed.

Comment

Who cares how many hands you have when the guy stands thee and doesnt throw? Nice $700K sparing session for devon

Comment

No, he's got no power, and I don't see why he's bragging about beating a limited guy who was called as a replacement and was able to train for only a month.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          No, he's got no power, and I don't see why he's bragging about beating a limited guy who was called as a replacement and was able to train for only a month.
          How do you know that?? Purdy could very well have been training before that. Not necessarily for this fight, but for a fight.

Comment

Devon, shame on you

You fought a punching bag on short notice. You ain't **** alien head. Purdy was there to collect a paycheck, that's all. Short notices should not be allowed in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              How do you know that?? Purdy could very well have been training before that. Not necessarily for this fight, but for a fight.
              He could have trained for 6 months. Doesnt matter cuz u cant win when u suck and dont throw

Comment

Comment

It's very interesting to think of what would have happened had he broke his hand that early against Brook, Kell would have probably given him some serious problems. Also did anyone else happen to notice the clips of Kell in the ad breaks inbetween rounds saying 'This is it, I'm ready' or something along those lines, cracked me up.

Comment

I Like Alexander's Grind Back; He Couldn't Have Looked Worse Against Bradley!

Now it's time for Alexander to get a top contender. Bradley sure won't fight him again, because he knows Alexander was a fluke that night, and Bradley has been beaten around the ring by everyone since. Alexander should fight Mike Alvarado next. Rios is commited to Pacquiao. JMM & Bradley want each other for a boring payday. Guerrero just fought, Matthysse just fought. Maidana is about to fight. Judah just got drummed by Garcia, and Garcia is next in line with Matthysse. ALVARADO for beating Rios, is without a fight. Devon Alexander should be a very good fight in order.

Comment

Working...
                    X