Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burgos: Next Time I Have To Knock Rocky Martinez Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burgos: Next Time I Have To Knock Rocky Martinez Out!

Juan Carlos Burgos (30-1-1, 19KOs) plans to petition for a rematch with WBO featherweight champion Roman "Rocky" Martinez (26-1-2, 16KOs). Burgos is very upset with Saturday's decision at Madison Square Garden in New York. The two boxers fought to a twelve round draw, but many in attendance felt Burgos was the correct winner. The scores were 117-112 for Burgos, 116-112 for Martinez and 114-114 for the draw.

[Click Here To Read More]

a fight should always end by knockout, especially when the robbery is likely to take place. You think Salido would have got the nod vs Juanma if he didnt knock him out?

Comment

I feel bad for Burgos, I don't know how Martinez can sleep knowing the highway robbery they just committed! There was no way you can give Martinez more than 3-4 rds. and that's being generous, Burgos outworked him from the start just didn't get the K.O.

Comment

NEXT TIME YOU STOP RUNNING AND FIGHT AND MAYBE THE JUDGE SEE YOU AS THE WINNER

Comment

Burgos got shafted and he deserves a immediate rematch. He hurt Martinez a few times in that fight and I think he can get the ko in the rematch but he'll have to start working the body in the first round and keep going to the body.

Comment

He visibly hurt Martinez to the body in a couple rounds, so now he'll know exactly what to do next time.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              He visibly hurt Martinez to the body in a couple rounds, so now he'll know exactly what to do next time.
              How did you have the fight Kiaba?

Comment

It's sad that he even has to talk about a rematch. Burgos dominated that fight.

Comment

I def felt bad for Burgos. He should be champ right now. I like Martinez but his technique needs alot of polish. Wide shots, Almost calzaghe type hooks, doesnt look like he sits on his punches very well, and not to knock his corner, but I never really heard any kind of beneficial strategy changes to help me adjust to Burgos strategy. This same Rocky either gets stopped or loses a 12 rounder, if not in ny, Burgos will get the decision next time around.

Comment

Horrible decision, F'nn Arum and his crooked judges. I really, really hate my sport sometimes.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X