No announcement yet.

Soy protein or Whey protein?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy protein or Whey protein?

Which is better? I've read some worrying things about soy and soy protein isolate, such as that it ups estrogen, lowers testosterone, depresses your thyroid, etc, and I only found this out after buying 'Weider's 90% Protein' soy protein isolate powder. Is it a good idea to start taking this powder or should I go for a whey protein isolate supplement instead?

soy giving men **** is a myth......but go for the whey because whey protein goes to muscles the quickest.....

Comment

Originally posted by RayDiggle View Post
      Which is better? I've read some worrying things about soy and soy protein isolate, such as that it ups estrogen, lowers testosterone, depresses your thyroid, etc, and I only found this out after buying 'Weider's 90% Protein' soy protein isolate powder. Is it a good idea to start taking this powder or should I go for a whey protein isolate supplement instead?
      Originally posted by billionaire View Post
      soy giving men **** is a myth......but go for the whey because whey protein goes to muscles the quickest.....

correct about the myth but i would do regular whey protein pre workout and then hydrolysate whey protein mixed with 20-25g of soy protein post workout. soy protein has shown to help aid in recovery to muscle damage better then regular plus you get the added benefit of soy's antioxidant properties. most recovery whey powders have hydrolysate whey in them because this is the quickest form of whey protein that can be absorbed which is best for post workout.

on a second note unless your actually lifting weights, there really is no point in taking whey protein pre or post with calisthenic type workouts and boxing training. i mean sure it will aid in recovering muscles but the point of taking whey is to recover muscle to increase growth and unless thats what your aiming for then like i said there is no reason to take it for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
        correct about the myth but i would do regular whey protein pre workout and then hydrolysate whey protein mixed with 20-25g of soy protein post workout. soy protein has shown to help aid in recovery to muscle damage better then regular plus you get the added benefit of soy's antioxidant properties. most recovery whey powders have hydrolysate whey in them because this is the quickest form of whey protein that can be absorbed which is best for post workout.

on a second note unless your actually lifting weights, there really is no point in taking whey protein pre or post with calisthenic type workouts and boxing training. i mean sure it will aid in recovering muscles but the point of taking whey is to recover muscle to increase growth and unless thats what your aiming for then like i said there is no reason to take it for boxing.
        Thats not true, thats like saying drinking milk is only for people looking to gain mass. Protein does what protein does, just because its in a supplement form does not mean its only for mass builders.

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post

Ah well I was looking for a protein supplement post-workout for both lifting weights 3 times a week and calisthenics twice a week. I'll be returning the soy powder tomorrow and getting a whey supplement, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X