Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Mexican fighters change their "mindless brawler" image?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so much 'mindless'. 'Offensive minded' would be a better description. Obviously there have been exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      The only people who think Mexicans are all mindless brawlers are the same idiots who think every black fighter is a defensive runner.
      That again has a lot to do with the commentators. They call every black fighter "slick" even though Austin Trout and Devon Alexander are about as slick as Brandon Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        That again has a lot to do with the commentators. They call every black fighter "slick" even though Austin Trout and Devon Alexander are about as slick as Brandon Rios.
        This......

Comment

I didn't have time to read all that but I have been watching Mexicans box all my life. I think of them as brave aggressive and tough fighters but not mindless brawlers as a rule. Many of them have been extremely smart in the ring and highly skilled both on attack and defense. Some Mexican fighters might be pure brawlers but the same could be said of some boxers from all counties.

Comment

They trying to keep them brawling

Carlos Molina outbox Lara n other numerous boxers n sill didnt get decisions in his favor

Also Herrera schooled Danny Garcia

If the Mexican fighter aint face first we loose

Comment

Mindless Brawler image!!! disrespectful Thread! !!

Comment

If Mexico had more of an "amateur program" and/or didn't throw their fighters in pro fights at 15 years old, they would definitely have more multidimensional boxers, like say Abner Mares.

Comment

NO NEED! And it is not "MINDLESS"! Just add more boxing skills to go with the Brawling!

Brawling Works Great.....VS OTHER BRAWLERS! But vs Boxers it tend to get exposed majority of the time

Comment

Working...
                  X