No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Mundine-Rigoberto Alvarez, WBA Title on 9/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Mundine-Rigoberto Alvarez, WBA Title on 9/7

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a deal was reached for a fight between junior middleweights Rigoberto "Espanol" Alvarez of Mexico and Australia's Anthony "The Man" Mundine, for the interim-super welterweight title of the World Boxing Association (WBA). The fight is going to happen on the 7th of September in Australia.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lmao so this p*ssy dodges a shot at the full title for a fight with the guy Austin just pitched a shutout against for the INTERIM title? What a joke...

Comment

they probably figure it will help hype canelo if him and his brother are both titleholders in the same division

Comment

Fu#king WBA, they already have two title holders at Jr. Middleweight. By the way Mundine is not a two division champion.

THE IBO DOESN'T COUNT AND WILL NEVER COUNT. QUIT TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROATS BOXINGSCENE.

Comment

This won't count either. It's an interim belt, which has been won by every third or fourth fighter now alive. It is typical Mundine though - take the easiest route possible to a fake belt. After he wins, he will "defend" against one bum after another and never fight anyone in the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
            Fu#king WBA, they already have two title holders at Jr. Middleweight. By the way Mundine is not a two division champion.

THE IBO DOESN'T COUNT AND WILL NEVER COUNT. QUIT TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROATS BOXINGSCENE.
            No sanctioning body counts at this point

Comment

What's that? The piddling championship? Everybody has to have some sort of champion, I guess, but these two? I'm just saying, when do we reach saturation? How do they justify giving Alvarez a "chance" after he lost his last fight, by a landslide, at home? This is the easy route for Mundine to a "championship", but no one believes it. He'll just get to carry his wwf...uh, whatever, belt into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                What's that? The piddling championship? Everybody has to have some sort of champion, I guess, but these two? I'm just saying, when do we reach saturation? How do they justify giving Alvarez a "chance" after he lost his last fight, by a landslide, at home? This is the easy route for Mundine to a "championship", but no one believes it. He'll just get to carry his wwf...uh, whatever, belt into the ring.
                That's exactly the type of title fight this is, smh.

Comment

Anthony Mundine... Danny Green... its not a good time to be a boxing fan in australia!!

Comment

I swear MUNDANE is such a chump, coward, pu*#y u name it ... he fricken says after every fight ' I am never fighting in Oz again, I am taking the fight to the world " BLAH BLAH BLAH ... yet again his fighting bums ... he name drops everyone on this planet but then fights a no boday? Interim title wtf is that? Jezz do us all a favour and FU K off already !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X