Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about boxing returning to Network TV(NBC)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More exposure and more fans would be better for the sport. If it does catches on again I wonder how it would affect live tickets prices

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      WTF? Why was CHOWWOKKA banned?

Maybe it has something to do with saying a certain race are all crackheads?

Ohh remember that one?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post

Ohh remember that one?

looks like you'll be toning down your racism

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Adamek-Cunningham II will be on regular NBC.

and I think that a lot people still don't know that.

So how do you guys feel about Boxing back on Network TV?

Will this open the floodgates for more events on NBC, FOX and so on?
          Fights like Adamek Cunningham should be on free television. I don't think that the networks will touch boxing though. CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC imo won't invest in boxing. Maybe a show here and there but I doubt the flood gates will open. #Ihopetheydolol!

Comment

Ohh remember that one?

I reported you...

Comment

I remember a time where boxing was a big part of Saturday and Sunday viewing on network tv. Not only NBC, but ABC and CBS as well.
              I would plan my weekend around those daytime telecasts.

An era truley missed!!

Comment

Boxing being on network TV will attract casual fans, casual fans are just that casual, and i think this is a very in depth sport
                And? Casual fans pays the bills. Let them think RJJ or Mayweather are the greatest ever for all I care, really couldn't care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Fights like Adamek Cunningham should be on free television. I don't think that the networks will touch boxing though. CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC imo won't invest in boxing. Maybe a show here and there but I doubt the flood gates will open. #Ihopetheydolol!
                  CBS was interested in working with GB, but GB reached down into their pockets and threw the dingiest few fights over to them. That Olympian even last night was meant to be on CBS ... until the US team went and sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    What am I trying to say? I'm saying that, despite having a much smaller subscriber base than network TV, the above shows are incredibly popular and known very very well by the general public. Meanwhile, Boxing, which takes place on the same network as these incredibly well known shows, is all but a ghost to average Americans.

Thanks for supporting my point even more.
                    But the Wire isn't incredibly popular, that's my point. The Wire's TV ratings on HBO dropped lower than many boxing matches. Despite being a hit with critics the Wire never really caught on with people. People know about it sure but how many people actually watched it?

Since sub networks like HBO are cut off they get smaller ratings. So if the Sopranos can get 5 million on HBO it would likely blow most other shows out of the park if it was on network TV. Likewise, tennis on HBO managed something like between 200k-500k on HBO, whereas on network TV it has reached 6 million. Boxing would likely see the exact same increase in viewers if it was switched to network TV.
                    Last edited by croz; 11-10-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

well, since i love boxing, i love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X