No announcement yet.

Can't log in to a certain site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Can't log in to a certain site

I get this message when I try to log in to my schools website, where I can check my grades and everything.

I type in my username and password, which is the correct one. It gives me a rectangular window saying this:

A username and password are being requested by https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu. The site says: "Oracle Access and Identity"
    If I put my username and password in this box, it leads me to this page:

Not Found

The requested URL /access/dummy.cgi was not found on this server.
    If I don't put my username and password in the box and it click cancel, it gives me this:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
    It does this some times, it's been doing this 2 days straight. It fixes all by itself after several days of not trying. I don't have this problem any where else. What should I do? I've googled solutions but can't find anything that works.

BTW mozilla firefox and google chrome are the one's that do this, internet explorer works I just tried it right now.

Comment

Not a computer geek, what I would do is just talk to the school see if they can do anything. It might be a fault on their end and others are experiencing it too.

Comment

The only thing I can recommend is what usually works for for me.

On Chrome, Go on Tools >> and 'clear browsing data', make sure that 'clear cache' is checked.

If that isn't working, open up the RUN dialogue and type in 'cmd', then
        'ipconfig /flushdns, which clears your dns cache.

Comment

Money May, it works in IE, but not firefox or chrome.

Cup, i'll try that. Thanks.

Comment

When you type in ''ipconfig /flushdns' make sure you hit the space button one time in between ipconfig and the slash sign. I.E. ipconfig space/flushdns.

Comment

Kev if you are logging into a Java front end database, it will require your Web browser to have java running. Many modern browsers like firefox and Chrome, will disable the Java plugin if it is out of date until you upgrade the java plugin at www.java.com

Oracle is the company that makes Java BTW
              Last edited by deanrw; 12-21-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

If you upgrade your java and it still fails, check to see if you have any script blockers on those browsers as they can disrupt the login process also. You may also want to check to make sure the site is marked as safe for popups etc.

Comment

Throw the computer out the window.

Comment

Your computer may have ass burgers syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                    X