Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Face Trout, Then Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout beats Canelo.

Comment

why the fock do I feel Trout is gonna get robbed?

Comment

nice, too bad for trout he finally get his lil fame for beating cotto and now after this he will be remembered as the angry drunk who thought he can beat canelo.

hopefully this fight gets made lord knows canelo needs a legit opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          mayweather won't sign...........

what if canelo gets ko'd against trout & his status goes down? he still gets the mayweather fight? not a chance.

it's like him saying "if i get beat against trout i still need reassurance that mayweather will fight me regardless"

it's just not realistic.............
          I'm pretty confident there will be a contract clause that breaks the agreement if either fighter loses on May 4th.

Comment

Read in between the lines people, Canelo will only face trout if he has a guarantee he will fight mayweather in Sept. This kid is a diva! He said he won't fight on May 4 if they don't reach that agreement (he's only hurting himself being inactive, not mayweather). On top of that if any agreement should be made it should be mayweather fighting the winner of canelo vs. trout, the way it's worded makes me feel like he wants the fight regardless of if trout beats him (which trout will have to KO canelo to avoid the robbery) If canelo makes it competitive at least it will be 96-94 on the cards for cinnaman.

Comment

*IF* this ends up being the case, everyone has to have enough sense to realize that the contract Mayweather will sign for Canelo will have a provision protecting Floyd in the event of a Canelo loss against Trout.

Comment

By the way...

If Trout beats Canelo, there will be a lot of pressure on Floyd for him to fight Trout. A bigger, slick southpaw in his prime. I really don't think Floyd is comfortable with that idea.

Comment

Let's make this happen!!

Comment

Golden Boy hasn't learned from what happened with Cotto last time. Austin Trout is about to ruin another superfight.

This is why Bob Arum is the best promoter in the game. If he had Canelo he would never expose him to a loss like this, so close to a Mayweather showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      I'm pretty confident there will be a contract clause that breaks the agreement if either fighter loses on May 4th.
                      thats probably what their trying to iron out right now..........

Comment

Working...
                      X