Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Klitschkos' father died today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP you have to give huge credit to him for not just raising two great HW champs but also two humble, nice and well respected guys.

At least he lived to see all the HW belts belong to his sons!

Comment

RIP.

He could be very proud of his sons.

Comment

least he lived long enough to see his sons unify the division R.I.P! condolences to the klitschko family

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post

You sure? I found this

Great pic!

Peace to Pops Klitschko.

Comment

They were a military family and moved around a lot. As such, when Vitali had to keep going to new schools, he would get picked on by bullies. It was Colonel Klitschko who taught Vitali how to fight, and told him,

"There is one rule. When you fight, you fight to win."

Vitali quickly soaked up that lesson and never had any more problems.

Comment

*Sob* And only 6 days before Vitali's birthday... rest in peace Vladimir Rodionovich! Btw, its not Vladimir KLITSCHKO Rodionovich, Rodionovich is the middle name, since his father's name was Rodion. Getit?
              Last edited by Pastrano; 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Could you imagine Vitali bumping into one of the kids that bullied him, today? That would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
                  Great pic!

Peace to Pops Klitschko.
                  Looks about 6'2 to me...I saw a pic when the brothers were still boys, he towered above them then.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Could you imagine Vitali bumping into one of the kids that bullied him, today? That would be funny.
                    Yes, they didn't bully him for long. Who would have guessed when Klitschko Sr. was giving Vitali lessons on how to fight what the ultimate result would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                      *Sob* And only 6 days before Vitali's birthday... rest in peace Vladimir Rodionovich! Btw, its not Vladimir KLITSCHKO Rodionovich, Rodionovich is the middle name, since his father's name was Rodion. Getit?
                      Yes, it's correct to call him Vladimir Klitschko Sr.

The "W" spelling of Wlad's name is a German convention.

Comment

Working...
                      X